Newcastle United 2 - 1 Bournemouth - 10/11/18 - Post-match reaction from page 12

Mike

Feck me. What a great competitive game with the result we needed and deserved. We needed those points given other results today. The pressure was on.

Some real warrior performances.

Schar and Fernandez were roasted for pace but put in some brilliant tackles, blocks and headers. Very impressed.

Rondon obviously MOM. A complete performance from him the performance we were assured he was capable of. Can he play consistently like that? Probably not but Hopefully we see some more from him as he regains fitness.

Ki again with a really impressive performance in the middle. Calm, composed and very useful.

Ritchie and Yedlin combined well again as did dummet and Kennedy to a slightly lesser effect. Still not convinced Kennedy's head is in the right place but a great contribution.

Well in. I was bricking it at the end there, but only because we only had six points. I suspect we did better there than that felt due to our form so far.

They've got better players than us, but they only really looked like scoring from a set piece. Our defensive work there still needs work, but it's otherwise sound. We created a lot of chances today and scored what was ultimately the winner with what was the clearest demonstration of skill in the 90 minutes. What a satisfying goal that was. Rondon MOTM.

Great change by Rafa, imo - closed up the space and stopped their momentum. Really enjoyed that game for the first time in quite a while. Feels nice to just bask in the result a bit and not think about the endless turd of Ashley, even for a day.

I think that was the most satisfying Prem-level striker performance I've seen for us since Remy was here; Rondon did so much right.

Fucking excellent, was a bit dogged at the end, but actually looked good in possession at times. Ki, Dubravka where class. I think that might be the best all round striker performance for us since from Rondon since Cisse was in his prime. Fucking buzzing.

Excellent win and 14th. :) Sounds as if Rondon was fantastic, as were Schar, Fernandez and Dubs. :)

Still a point away from the relegation zone but a huge opportunity with our upcoming run of games to try and build up some distance and points closer to safety.