Burnley 1-2 Newcastle United - 26/11/18 - post match relief p23 onwards

BlueStar

Generally really hate 5 at the back but that was actually not bad. Ki in second half was immense, what an asset he is becoming. Schar and Fernandez also good.

Thought Ritchie was very good in that wingback position, apart from that miss of course. I'd rather have him involved a lot like today rather than having the extremely little impact he does some games.

Everything Ritchie did was positive. He was always on the front foot

Diame and Ki were immense

Diame made the most tackles of anyone this year in the PL tonight apparently.

Bloke loves a tackle. He'll never regain that incredible playmaking ability from Jan-May, but when he's chasing and hassling like that, and winning more tackles than not, he's a huge asset.

Generally really hate 5 at the back but that was actually not bad. Ki in second half was immense, what an asset he is becoming. Schar and Fernandez also good.

Thought Ritchie was very good in that wingback position, apart from that miss of course. I'd rather have him involved a lot like today rather than having the extremely little impact he does some games.

The five at the back was key I think. Burnley only any chance of scoring either from a fluke goal like they did score from, or hoping one of our defenders did something that gave them a set piece. Having 5 at the back made us more sturdy against the type of football they play, it meant we had another defender just floating around in the box to fill any potential holes we had and to make sure that if they did win the 1st ball then they wouldn’t get a chance to bring it down or wouldn’t win the 2nd ball.

In all honesty if there is other Premier League teams watching that, especially teams around the bottom of the table they I think they might try to play the same way as we did, and if they do then Burnley will really struggle to stay up this season.

Creased at Joe Hart thinking he's a sweeper keeper and then going up for set pieces. Fucking bellend.

Can’t stand him, never have. I was delighted last season when Mitro put him on his arse to score past him. I thought him coming up to either hoof it long would result in it landing on someone’s head to score from or he’d score when he cane up and gave the last laugh. Glad it didn’t happen.

Fucking love KK, mad how he always got ridiculed for that post-match interview.

Especially as the point about Stuart Pearce is so overlooked, Ferguson saying Pearce wouldn't try against us because he had a testimonial before we played Forest.

Since when did our fans start singing that gash generic Boro song?

Which one?

Who’s that team we call (insert team)

Who’s that team we all adore

Can only ever remember Boro, and latterly Arsenal singing it with gusto.

That KK interview is great, and idiots often wrongly think we were in pole position before it and put it down as the reason we didn’t win the league

The same idiots who think if Allardyce wasn't sacked he would have kept us up, when KK did keep us up, it was the following season we went down JFK an all.

Since when did our fans start singing that gash generic Boro song?

Which one?

Who’s that team we call (insert team)

Who’s that team we all adore

Can only ever remember Boro, and latterly Arsenal singing it with gusto.

Nah, my dad commented about how he used to sing it :lol:

If I was a Burnley fan I’d be livid after that. At no real point did they ever look like doing anything during the game, they went 2-0 in the first 23 minutes and for large parts of the game after they never looked trying to go for it, even in the 2nd half when they had a goal back there was long period where they had the ball and just held it across the back waiting for the opportunity to hoof it up front. They never even had anyone chasing the kncockdowns, they were literally hoping for fluke goal like they scored in the first half, or to somehow get a set piece and catch us out. In general play they had no ideas and offered nothing, their midfield pretty much didn’t exists.

Dyche has no plan B, the only thing he did have is another couple of big lads to put up front hoping a couple more guys there would get on the end of one of their long balls. What makes it worse is that he’s been in charge of the club for so long and has never developed a plan B or brought in any players that offer anything different.

In all honesty I think they were most 1 dimensional team and possibly worst team we have faced this season.

Wow ... maybe Moyes is on their radar. Hence being at the game.

Thought he was invited by Ashley when I saw him, because I never thought Dyche was in real danger.

Really enjoyed the match, more than I have for a long time. It's always funny watching a match and then reading the match thread afterwards - I was certainly on board with everyone expecting Burnley to score.

That said, I thought we were very good value for the win, and a big tactical victory for Rafa. I remember rubbishing someone's suggestion that he go 5-3-2, but Ritchie and Yedlin were both excellent (amongst others).

Going forward, do we go back to 4-2-3-1 with Lascelles, Dummett and Shelvey (probably among the "first names" picked usually), or reward the likes of Clark, Ki and Schar and keep three/five at the back against Wet Spam?