Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Great to see him getting goals, such a likable lad who has worked hard and deserves this.

He'll be an excellent squad player here for a number of years IMO. Will be out of the strongest 11 within a few months (arguably already is) but he's exactly what you want as a player to come in and do a job when a starter is out. Will work his bollocks off and is capable with the ball at his foot if somewhat lacking in end product.

You'd be comfortable with him on either wing and can probably play in the midfield three as well. 

Pleased for him :cool:

He was absolutely brilliant today and that goal was so fucking earned. Yes of course it's a mistake from them but the efficiency of the press and the sheer stamina to keep going and going and going... that's just Miggy all over and he so deserved that.

He also set the tone with that effort early doors. Something like that is so influential in a match. Just gets everybody's tails up. 

He's bringing it home atm and fair fucking play to him, man. 

Always loved this guy’s attitude, and his pressing. He’s always given us everything and sadly his end product hasn’t matched up to his effort levels and his actual ability until this season. He’s never going to be perfect on the wing for us but Howe has fashioned him into a pretty vital part of our attacking system now. The fact that he’s starting to actually deliver with goals and assists is amazing. His link-up play with Bruno is outstanding and I think he’ll link really we’ll with Isak too. He reads the game well and his confidence is sky high now so I think we’re going to see the best of him consistently from now on. I don’t think him at his best is good enough to be a starting player for us in 12 months’ time but he will definitely always be useful to us as a squad player with his attitude, running and understanding 

1 minute ago, Holloway said:

now he's been given a structure to channel his abundance of energy into, he's fucking blazing. As has been mentioned his confidence is that high he is showing us new aspects of his game. Delighted for him

We essentially have a team of Miggys in terms up energy levels and pressing high up the pitch. At least two of the goals today wouldn't have happened without our high press off the ball/forcing a mistake.

24 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

He was absolutely brilliant today and that goal was so fucking earned. Yes of course it's a mistake from them but the efficiency of the press and the sheer stamina to keep going and going and going... that's just Miggy all over and he so deserved that.

He also set the tone with that effort early doors. Something like that is so influential in a match. Just gets everybody's tails up. 

He's bringing it home atm and fair fucking play to him, man. 

That was a hell of a save too.

He's been brilliant all season, tbf, but a couple of home draws brought the sky crashing down, for some.

I think, like most, I would have been delighted to see him replaced by Diaby, or similar, but [now Bruno's fit] he's the second name on the teamsheet.

Edited by Happinesstan

37 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Always loved this guy’s attitude, and his pressing. He’s always given us everything and sadly his end product hasn’t matched up to his effort levels and his actual ability until this season. He’s never going to be perfect on the wing for us but Howe has fashioned him into a pretty vital part of our attacking system now. The fact that he’s starting to actually deliver with goals and assists is amazing. His link-up play with Bruno is outstanding and I think he’ll link really we’ll with Isak too. He reads the game well and his confidence is sky high now so I think we’re going to see the best of him consistently from now on. I don’t think him at his best is good enough to be a starting player for us in 12 months’ time but he will definitely always be useful to us as a squad player with his attitude, running and understanding 

The difference, under Howe, is that [like most top clubs] every miss isn't the end of the world.