Miguel Almirón

Deuce

On 22/08/2022 at 11:53, Thumbheed said:

Miggy could score 10 this season. 

His acceleration, movement and off the ball running will get him into dangerous positions every single game, it's no coincidence that he often finds himself with the best chances. 

Another midfielder with Bruno's vision and I'd go higher than 10.

3 down, 7 to go.

Don't think enough is being said about the fact he's doing so well in a brand new position as well. 

Must be a midfielders dream to play with like, always looking to run in behind.

Edited by Thumbheed

I said earlier this season for us to push for top 7 we need Miggy and Joelinton to start chipping in with goals , we are half getting it .

This is in no way a pop at the pair of them , far from it , however it will make such a difference if they do . 

14 hours ago, Thumbheed said:

3 down, 7 to go.

Don't think enough is being said about the fact he's doing so well in a brand new position as well. 

Must be a midfielders dream to play with like, always looking to run in behind.

It's not even a new position. He's had a lot of games on the right wing throughout his career including with us.

I think Howe and his team has done a tremendously good job at implementing their system within the team so Almiron knows when and where to make runs, and his team mates knows when and where to pass the ball. Some of the runs he makes now doesn't seem natural to how I am used to seeing him play. Now you see him passing the ball and then immediately curl his neck and run into space behind defenders. I can't remember him doing that before.

6 hours ago, Nobody said:

Looks so much better with Bruno in the team. 

Yeah, Bruno is always looking to set him free, whether it's a first time ball to catch people out or something long to chase - makes a massive difference for Miggy as Bruno can actually pull it off.

Love seeing him score, can’t take to much from the Fulham game though imo as they were amazingly shit after the red card. Would have been a nice little confidence booster for him anyway, and hes always come across as a bit of a confidence player.