Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Now has the same number of PL goals as Jack Grealish over this season and last combined.

As others have said, I would love to see him improve his right foot a bit and use it for more than just standing on though. It's a learnable skill.

16 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Now has the same number of PL goals as Jack Grealish over this season and last combined.

As others have said, I would love to see him improve his right foot a bit and use it for more than just standing on though. It's a learnable skill.

If he hasn’t got a decent right foot at age 28, there's not much of a chance he’ll improve it enough now. At least not for it to be sufficiently useful at the elite level, unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, McCormick said:

If he hasn’t got a decent right foot at age 28, there's not much of a chance he’ll improve it enough now. At least not for it to be sufficiently useful at the elite level, unfortunately.

Just willingness to use it would be a starter.

Glad he's scoring a few goals this season. And he has some really good attributes. I would like his replacement on the right to be left footed, pacy, high work-rate and good movement like Almiron has... but you know.... more quality. That's not easy to find.

17 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Didn’t you see his drunken rant at the end of last season?

Nope! I missed that bit of context.

The comparison is still misplaced given that Almiron has played 2.5x as many minutes this season. Grealish is quite clearly a better player.

4 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Nope! I missed that bit of context.

The comparison is still misplaced given that Almiron has played 2.5x as many minutes this season. Grealish is quite clearly a better player.

I think we can all agree who’s better.

https://www.sportbible.com/football/jack-grealish-taunted-miguel-almiron-during-man-citys-title-parade-20220524

There is obviously no doubt Grealish is a better footballer. But his comments last season were that of a shithouse with no respect for a fellow professional. Particularly as he had contributed so little to their title win. I would take wry joy out of Almiron outperforming him this season (which he has done so far).

If Grealish doesn't turn things around quickly his transfer to Man City will be regarded as one of the biggest PL flops of all time considering his fee. That's his legacy right now so he needs to be focusing on himself

His goal v City and the second one v Fulham are what give me confidence he'll get goals now in this setup. Can't expect goals like Palace and his first v Fulham all the time but it's reasonable to expect a tap-in at the far post every 4 games to get about 8 goals a season the way we play.

1 minute ago, Dinho lad said:

no one was saying Almiron was better than Grealish. Fuck off, we have every right to compare the two now. (for this season at least. Unless Grealish apologised?) 

Grealish is shit and a drug driving nonce. Miggy is decent and a top lad.

I know which one I'd rather have.