Emiliano Sala

bowlingcrofty

Would the plane have had a black box recorder?

Nah, too small.

Never understand this,if the technology is there why on earth do they not use it?

Big plane or small plane,if it goes down in the middle of nowhere every bit of information is critical.

Nah, too small.

Never understand this,if the technology is there why on earth do they not use it?

Big plane or small plane,if it goes down in the middle of nowhere every bit of information is critical.

Financial i guess, it would cost a fortune to retrofit smaller aircraft with black boxes, that and there's millions of small planes out there now. Commercial airliners are regulated to the extreme nowadays and the operating companies would lose their operating licenses if they didn't follow the rules. Small private aircraft don't have to follow the same rules in regard to maintenance and upkeep.

I see no reason why all brand new small aircraft can't be fitted with black boxes nowadays, but again i'd say the cost would kibosh that.

If there was a box with 18 million quid in they'd still be looking.  How does it work with mobiles can the signals not be traced?

Mobile’s only link to the nearest mast, which would have probably been one of the ones on the Channel Islands. The plane would have broken up and either could have sank straight away, or just broken up, still impossible to find them. With the Channel being the busiest waterway in the the world, I think if there was bit of the plane floating about then it would have been spotted by now.

Nah, too small.

Financial i guess, it would cost a fortune to retrofit smaller aircraft with black boxes, that and there's millions of small planes out there now. Commercial airliners are regulated to the extreme nowadays and the operating companies would lose their operating licenses if they didn't follow the rules. Small private aircraft don't have to follow the same rules in regard to maintenance and upkeep.

I see no reason why all brand new small aircraft can't be fitted with black boxes nowadays, but again i'd say the cost would kibosh that.

Costs about £60,000 and is usually fitted in the tail of the plane and thats the old kit. There was talk of a firm putting some data in a cloud and that was going to cost $100,000. I believe it's down to all the regulations which is why costs stay the same so won't be fitted in none commercial planes.

Its absolutely fucking stupid. 2 seconds of research shows Cardiff already have 2 PL loans anyway.

Unfortunately those that get their news from Facebook etc only have a 1 second attention span.