The other games today 2019/20

Greg

Imagine Man Utd getting beat 6-1 and it's not even the biggest shock of the day :lol:

At least Man Utd were playing Spurs and were also a man down.

This is an 11 vs 11, man to man, battering, all ends up.

At this point I am very concerned for brummie. That man is definitely passed out somewhere.

Not gonna lie, before lockdown I was assuming all results would just be very predictable, the better team on paper getting the win 9 out of 10 times, as there would no crowd to be a stereotypical "12 Man" for the weaker clubs. Apparently I couldn't be more wrong :lol:

I'm not sure anyone would expect these sorts of polarising results, but looking logically there's clear evidence to show that home advantage is/was a thing.

Also, a lot of average Premier league players are likely supremely talented players but have varying states of mentality. Taking the crowd away takes a huge amount of pressure away from everyone and evens out the skill gap

just makes the shitshow at our club all the harder to take.

even just another £20m or so would have made a great dufference. we have  absolutley no central midfield quality to speak of. then you see the likes of villa and leeds.

The dugout should be the first thing that's improved. Spend as much as you like on the XI, the bloke in charge of them is gormless.

i'm with you , mate. but we know thats never going to happen. just thought bruce might have squeezed a few extra million out of the large man.

Not gonna lie, before lockdown I was assuming all results would just be very predictable, the better team on paper getting the win 9 out of 10 times, as there would no crowd to be a stereotypical "12 Man" for the weaker clubs. Apparently I couldn't be more wrong :lol:

I'm not sure anyone would expect these sorts of polarising results, but looking logically there's clear evidence to show that home advantage is/was a thing.

Also, a lot of average Premier league players are likely supremely talented players but have varying states of mentality. Taking the crowd away takes a huge amount of pressure away from everyone and evens out the skill gap

Yeah thats true, I think I saw something in the off season that said something like usually an away side gets a result about 29% of the time, but post lockdown it was something like 40%.

Pre-lockdown results weren't that weird at all but the first 4 weeks of this season have been f***ing mental.

Maybe the results weren't but some of the goals scored for example were the sorts that a player would pull off in training when the pressure is off.

Ritchie scored a goal for us soon after the restart that felt that way.

Pre-lockdown results weren't that weird at all but the first 4 weeks of this season have been fucking mental.

It felt like the resumption was very much easing back into things and just doing whatever was necessary to finally get the season finished and done with.

Now, everyone's started afresh and players are used to having no fans (which I do think makes a difference). It's given teams like Villa and Leicester the belief that they can just go out and take the game to the likes of Liverpool and Man City, where before they'll have been more tentative.

Has anyone theorized that they all caught 'rona from Mane and are playing as a spent force basically? That's what I'd like to roll with tbh.

It crossed my mind, tbh. :lol: Last week Genoa had one or two players test positive then were brutally defeated by Napoli 6-0. It turned out that 15+ people at the club had contracted COVID, a full outbreak.