Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

I think tonight we will be drinking either way. Celebration or commiserations, today we will get some big info.

Obviously I hope I'm wrong, but literally nothing happens in Arab countries on Fridays. It's their holy day, and they take that incredibly seriously. Getting anyone to work on a Friday is like trying to get people in the UK to work on Christmas day.

Then we will be into the weekend as followed by the western hemisphere so nothing will get done until Monday.

Rinse and repeat next Thursday etc.

You can, with some prodding and cajolement, get westerners to work on a Saturday or Sunday. I've worked extensively in the Middle East and this is just not possible with Muslims and Fridays. I was just out in Saudi Arabia last month and tried to work myself on a Friday to get ahead, but when I suggested this to the locals they just laughed and said that they wouldn't even be able to get anyone to open the gate for me. :lol:

I think tonight we will be drinking either way. Celebration or commiserations, today we will get some big info.

Obviously I hope I'm wrong, but literally nothing happens in Arab countries on Fridays. It's their holy day, and they take that incredibly seriously. Getting anyone to work on a Friday is like trying to get people in the UK to work on Christmas day.

Every cunt in on double time and a day in lieu then?

Not feeling too optimistic after the "simply not true" comment (which could be said angrily after Ashley accusations) and the very chilled approach to this "incoming" statement.

I reckon they'll eventually say there is exclusivity but it's far too late to make any impact on our summer. Good news outdone by bad :thup:

Not feeling too optimistic after the "simply not true" comment (which could be said angrily after Ashley accusations) and the very chilled approach to this "incoming" statement.

I reckon they'll eventually say there is exclusivity but it's far too late to make any impact on our summer. Good news outdone by bad :thup:

You're more optimistic than me :lol:

I'd be over the moon if they say there's exclusivity, said it before but I couldn't care if they can't do anything this summer if it meant we're rid of fatty.

Then we will be into the weekend as followed by the western hemisphere so nothing will get done until Monday.

Rinse and repeat next Thursday etc.

You can, with some prodding and cajolement, get westerners to work on a Saturday or Sunday. I've worked extensively in the Middle East and this is just not possible with Muslims and Fridays. I was just out in Saudi Arabia last month and tried to work myself on a Friday to get ahead, but when I suggested this to the locals they just laughed and said that they wouldn't even be able to get anyone to open the gate for me. :lol:

Well I have sort of given up on this anyway, so nothing getting done on a weekend isn't really that frustrating for me at this point. :lol:

Been away for a week so might have missed out on any news which makes this takeover somehow more believable so pardon the cynicism.

If a takeover was being done they wouldn’t insist uk reports were ‘simply not true’ they’d get on with it and announce it. Ashley has fucked it

Guest Gonzo

Christ.. I’m just very very disappointed with him. Wasn’t he supposed to have been one of the core group of players who stood up to the regime way back when, which is why he got sold..

Jesus wept

Wtf Kevin Nolan? He’s just lost all my respect.

Maybe doesn’t want to slag any owner off now that’s he’s on the managerial merry-go-round? That was a horrendous listen.

What is it with all these turncoat cunts! To an extent i can understand Keys, Wise and Jordan kissing Ashley's arse - they've never had any integrity or credibility, but people like Nolan doing it (a man who Ashley forced out of the club) is absolutely unforgivable.