Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Guest reefatoon

Fucking hell man, keep the political bollocks where it belongs and free this up for the unadulterated takeover bullshit man. So then, any other planes on the radar making their way over?

Moralising over football after what its become in the last 20 years. Particularly with PL ownership. :yao:

They'd be the worst of a bad bunch. The issue is they haven't siphoned money elsewhere as somewhat of a cover. If this was a Saudi businessman which for all intents and purposes was still Royal money there wouldn't be this reaction.

The game as we know and love it went years ago lads.

I feel like I'd try and adopt this mantra if we did get taken over by Saudis. As you say, the political/economic side of the game is already a bit knackered - if the owner kept a distance and wasn't having an actively and intentional detrimental effect on the club, then I could probably live with just about anyone at the top of the tree.

Just miss supporting the club terribly.

Fucking hell man, keep the political bollocks where it belongs and free this up for the unadulterated takeover bullshit man. So then, any other planes on the radar making their way over?

Agreed. Take it to chat.

I want to hear more about what Lee Ryder thinks.

Well to be fair, some of you were wanking off to the WSJ a few days ago, so have a look at this

https://www.wsj.com/articles/saudi-arabia-is-changing-fast-11572909143

Why can you not accept that some countries/regimes etc are not the same as yours?

As I said before the UK is no saint, we had Kings and Queens that were as bad if not worse, just because or recent history is different to theirs, why should they be punished if they are trying to evolve?

FWIW I'd be opposed to Henry VIII buying the club too.

Guest neesy111

Well to be fair, some of you were wanking off to the WSJ a few days ago, so have a look at this

Why can you not accept that some countries/regimes etc are not the same as yours?

As I said before the UK is no saint, we had Kings and Queens that were as bad if not worse, just because or recent history is different to theirs, why should they be punished if they are trying to evolve?

Yeah, I wouldn't want Cromwell as well after what he did to the Irish.

:lol:

If they did take over, to what extent would NUFC be accountable to any future Saudi barbarity?

Depends if the atrocities were committed on club grounds I think.

So its possibly the name "Gallowgate" that's attracted them.

Yeah, I wouldn't want Cromwell as well after what he did to the Irish.

Not like you to hold a grudge like!

I can’t wait for the new signups, regens and bots like we had during the last fakeover.

or lee ryder linking us with mbappe neymar etc and 5 reasons why they'v be good signings and 10 things you didn't know about them etc etc

I've worked with quite a few Saudis over the last year or so and shit ton of other Middle Easterners. It's true that a lot of them would like more freedom of the press and suchlike but there are a lot of things that they wouldn't want to change. Absolute gender equality, enforced by quotas, LGBT stuff, abolition of the death penalty... etc All of these things were implemented yesterday in the grand scheme of things. It is in my opinion both erroneous and arrogant of us to assume that today's liberal paradigm is the be all and all that every culture should aspire to.

When you get deeper into, even things that we've been taught to hold sacred like freedom, equality and democracy can be argued against. I can tell you from the Iraqis that I work with that Saddam was very popular with a lot of people. Ditto in China. Xi is super popular. "Ah, but they're brainwashed. Not like us. We really know what is best."

:mackems:

If they did take over, to what extent would NUFC be accountable to any future Saudi barbarity?

Newcastle United would basically be Saudi Arabia United and used as a marketing tool to become acceptable to people in the west. No different to Man City in that regard except the Saudis are even worse

I've worked with quite a few Saudis over the last year or so and shit ton of other Middle Easterners. It's true that a lot of them would like more freedom of the press and suchlike but there are a lot of things that they wouldn't want to change. Absolute gender equality, enforced by quotas, LGBT stuff, abolition of the death penalty... etc All of these things were implemented yesterday in the grand scheme of things. It is in my opinion both erroneous and arrogant of us to assume that today's liberal paradigm is the be all and all that every culture should aspire to.

When you get deeper into, even things that we've been taught to hold sacred like freedom, equality and democracy can be argued against. I can tell you from the Iraqis that I work with that Saddam was very popular with a lot of people. Ditto in China. Xi is super popular. "Ah, but they're brainwashed. Not like us. We really know what is best."

What about murdering journalists? Is that fine as well because its a different culture?

Aye, he'd only go and get John Tudor back as DOF. Proper jobs for the boys.