Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

out of interest, anyone know how many people you can get on a single Zoom call #digitalcans

Each meeting supports up to 100 participants. << From their website. We've had 35+ on at work.

500 if you splash out on the addon.

Wait a year, then get Rafa. In the mean time get an old top class manager say for example Capello or Van Gaal or someone of that ilk that has managed at the highest level and just wants one last pay day, without being too arsed about leaving that much of his own stamp or legacy. Other than that I’d go

Poch

Simeone

Naggelsmann

Xabi Alonso

Gasperini

Jesus

Valverde

Keegan

Not that there’s a great deal chance of any of this happening.

As much as I don't want to get sucked in for the 10,000,000,000th time it seems now is a must for him, he's no longer a billionaire, his company is falling apart all around him, he could take his beloved SD back private with the money he gets from us. It all adds up, given the financial climate, falling profits and bank balances, we're the first thing he'd jettison to save his ass. Sack it #Cans

Doesn’t he have that massive tax bill to sort out with Belgian authorities? For that matter don’t we have a few tax issues that have seemingly disappeared in to nothing.

I think Keegan should be made a lifetime ambassador for the club and give him a wage.

Football has moved on and he’s done nothing in over a decade. Let him relax and enjoy watching us if that’s what he wants to do.

I think having a young(ish) manager with enthusiasm is important.

I like Conte.

Keegan should be in the stands sitting in the Director's box watching on and be a lifetime ambassador of the club. He no longer needs to be working day to day football management - he does not need to live and die on results of this club - he needs to have his feet up and finally welcomed back. Name a fucking stand after him as well.

Get a young up and comer like Naggelsmann, our recent legend Rafa, or snag Poch.

So we are at the same stage as we were with BZG in the summer?

We just saw the fat man keeping sports direct open in the current climate. He wont take a penny less than he wants for us and noone with any sense will pay his kings ransom. Fully prepared for the same disappointment again. Even more mass apathy and more than a healthy amount of people saying how well Bruce has done and we will be fine with if Ashley has to stay. 

So we are at the same stage as we were with BZG in the summer?

We just saw the fat man keeping sports direct open in the current climate. He wont take a penny less than he wants for us and noone with any sense will pay his kings ransom. Fully prepared for the same disappointment again. Even more mass apathy and more than a healthy amount of people saying how well Bruce has done and we will be fine with if Ashley has to stay.

No.

If reports are to be believed (I know) both the club & the prospective buyers have submitted the necessary paperwork to the PL/FA. This has never happened before.

To those saying Keegan is 69, so was Sir. Bobby when we finished 4th.

To those saying Keegan has been out of the game too long, that's exactly what everyone said when he came back in 2008 and he proved them wrong.

Provided he wanted to give it one more crack of course, I'd have him back here and managing us in a heartbeat. He has unfinished business, and he could still do great things with new owners.

At the very least, he should be involved with the club and have a statue outside of the stadium, or a stand named after him. I'd love to see Keegan and Rafa working together here some day.

I love Keegan and always loved him for everything that he has done for us and the city. But IF ever we get new owners, they would probably need to look to the future and show ambition. We have a new era to move into and that means moving on from the past. Keegan should be an ambassador and be around the club.

Whoever the manager is, new owners would want something fresh and exciting to compete with others. Everyone loves Keegan same goes with Rafa. I personally want Rafa back but there be some Wongaloids, Bruce loving Geordies who would be disgruntled with that. So for someone proven and maybe a big.name to everyone on board.

To those saying Keegan is 69, so was Sir. Bobby when we finished 4th.

To those saying Keegan has been out of the game too long, that's exactly what everyone said when he came back in 2008 and he proved them wrong.

Provided he wanted to give it one more crack of course, I'd have him back here and managing us in a heartbeat. He has unfinished business, and he could still do great things with new owners.

At the very least, he should be involved with the club and have a statue outside of the stadium, or a stand named after him. I'd love to see Keegan and Rafa working together here some day.

Bobby hadn’t been out of football management for over 10 years. Would be like Peter Reid coming back to Sunderland.

Wait a year, then get Rafa. In the mean time get an old top class manager say for example Capello or Van Gaal or someone of that ilk that has managed at the highest level and just wants one last pay day, without being too arsed about leaving that much of his own stamp or legacy. Other than that I’d go

Poch

Simeone

Naggelsmann

Xabi Alonso

Gasperini

Jesus

Valverde

Keegan

Not that there’s a great deal chance of any of this happening.

Is this happening?  :frantic: :frantic:

I've said it for years that once the parasite goes, King Kev HAS to be involved as either Club Ambassador or Club President! Shearer should definitely be involved too - the more iconic figures involved to promote the Club the better!

:lol: Are we breaking quarantine monotony pretending this is real or is this one actually finally fucking real?

Probably like a few of the others.....real with a dash of fat man child so basically, not happening.  That's my stance anyway :lol:

I am surprised it's came from caulkin like, I'd like to think that even in the current climate and struggling for stories, he wouldn't just make shit up especially considering his stance during other takeover attempts.

The Athletic are probably under pressure to write content at the moment given there is little sport going on and folk are paying a subscription for it. Could be a bit of that.

The Athletic are probably under pressure to write content at the moment given there is little sport going on and folk are paying a subscription for it. Could be a bit of that.

Sadly, that is my viewpoint too.

Disappointed in Caulkin if that's the case but I guess he maybe had little choice if under pressure to proceed something.

As much as I don't want to get sucked in for the 10,000,000,000th time it seems now is a must for him, he's no longer a billionaire, his company is falling apart all around him, he could take his beloved SD back private with the money he gets from us. It all adds up, given the financial climate, falling profits and bank balances, we're the first thing he'd jettison to save his ass. Sack it #Cans

Doesn’t he have that massive tax bill to sort out with Belgian authorities? For that matter don’t we have a few tax issues that have seemingly disappeared in to nothing.

Think most of that got sorted unfortunately. Last report said the bill had been reduced by 75% to £181million and they expected most of the rest to be cancelled as well.