Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Amazes me how Mike Ashley is still alive in June 2019

The only thing keeping me clinging on is the fact I know he will die one day. Might be before me but me kidsand even grandkids will get to see the great day

I reckon this was just a ruse to distract attention from binning off Rafa.

Worked a charm, don't think anyone has even noticed Rafa's leaving yet.

:lol:

People have been saying this all along, really not sure how it was even a thing.

It's like telling someone to look away while you kick them in the bollocks and hope they don't realise.  Just makes no sense.

Clutching at massive straws, but... Maybe BZG didn't want Rafa, and got Ashley to be the bad guy so if (hopefully when) the takeover is finalised, their first act isn't to let Rafa go. As its stands, this decision is currently all on Ashley.

Yeah, I know.  :hmm:

Clutching at more straws. Benitez signing a contract with Newcastle ties him to the club, whether it is sold or not. There is nothing to stop him having agreed some kind of deal with BZG to be their manager if/when the deal goes through. If he were to do that then it would be likely to be kept secret, losing Rafa reduces the value of the club and puts more pressure on Ashley to sell.

Unless and until it is announced from either side that BZG have pulled out, or he takes over somewhere else, this doesn't necessarily mean that Rafa is gone.

Long term game.  Divides focus.  Rafa leaving would always blow up on the day of the event, but they've got the takeover story to return to in a few days to help distract.

I'm not saying this is 100% what I believe, but you can never put it past Ashley and co. as they have clearly done it before.

Clutching at massive straws, but... Maybe BZG didn't want Rafa, and got Ashley to be the bad guy so if (hopefully when) the takeover is finalised, their first act isn't to let Rafa go. As its stands, this decision is currently all on Ashley.

I could just about live with that.

Until the penny dropped that they’d have to be utter fucknuggets to not want Rafa in the first place.

I think this takeover is dead now and I expect to hear from the Bin Zayed Group to confirm they are pulling out next week.

It will be 3 failed takeovers in 2 years. At what point does word get out to other billionaires that its impossible to deal with Ashley and they just stop even trying.

Until the penny dropped that they’d have to be utter fucknuggets to not want Rafa in the first place.

Unless... they tell Ashley they don't want him, and get him to let Rafa go... takeover happens, then they re-appoint him... instant hero status.... similar to what 'Jackie Broon' was alluding to above.

Either way, as sad as today is, the Takeover has become the most important thing now, as an NUFC owned by Ashley is just a club not worth supporting anymore.

Probably, but them wanting their own man is slightly more forgivable than whatever you want to call this.

Long term game.  Divides focus.  Rafa leaving would always blow up on the day of the event, but they've got the takeover story to return to in a few days to help distract.

I'm not saying this is 100% what I believe, but you can never put it past Ashley and co. as they have clearly done it before.

Seems way to much of an expenditure of effort to create this ruse. Now stringing a willing buyer along and deciding to change the asking price with his cup of coffee...that's much likelier.

Long term game. Divides focus. Rafa leaving would always blow up on the day of the event, but they've got the takeover story to return to in a few days to help distract.

Bingo :pow:

Probably, but them wanting their own man is slightly more forgivable than whatever you want to call this.

Not much more. He gets the fans and is adored. He's been the absolute perfect fit. Brilliant way for new owners to start off on the wrong foot.

Long term game. Divides focus. Rafa leaving would always blow up on the day of the event, but they've got the takeover story to return to in a few days to help distract.

aye, expect bullshit rumours of the takeover being 'close' in the next few days.

CLUB STATEMENT: April 2020

The proposed takeover cannot proceed until our Premier League status is confirmed.

Denis and his team are now working hard to ensure they we get the 34 points we need in the final four weeks of the season.

BZG are the only credible takeover ashley has had he's long wanted 350m for the club & it's finally worth it, yet he all but sacks the manager and ruins the only good thing he's had in 12 years. The club will now only deprecate in value. With BZG getting to somewhere around the fit & proper person test only to be messed around no one will ever attempt to buy Newcastle United ever again.

Could be, then again they would be some shade of thick cunts for getting rid of a man who has done so much for the club, not just on the pitch.

You’re the man who knows everything. Although you said Rafa was signing a new 1 year deal.

Odin? What's the latest man ?

he seems to have lost his voice all of a sudden.

You are allowed to say you were wrong odin  :lol:

That geordie dentist is still giving it large also.

How many take overs have we allegedly had now. Seriously, most people would think our fans might have figured it out by now. Is there a word that exceeds gullible?

Clearly a ton of fans lack experience or capacity?