Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Why would he want to sell his cash cow....would you?

He has 50 od thousand braindead customers who are willing to give him money year in year out through tickets merchandise, food and beverage

Those thinking he will just give that up are nuts

£350m is a big cow

30M per annum is a much bigger cash cow than an one off 350M

:lol: at people who still don't seem to have realised what Ashley is capable of.

Of course we won't be taken over man.

Yeah I'm struggling to see why Rafa would head for another job unless he knew there wasn't a takeover happening. I don't buy the argument that the new owners might not want him. It makes absolutely no sense.

If they appoint some 2nd rate chancer as manager that's the clearest indication the takeover was Ashley's typical bullshit

No way will a manager join if there a chance of him getting sacked before hes even played a game

:lol: at people who still don't seem to have realised what Ashley is capable of.

Yeah I'm struggling to see why Rafa would head for another job unless he knew there wasn't a takeover happening. I don't buy the argument that the new owners might not want him. It makes absolutely no sense.

From a cold outsider point of view... you are buying a club and want the quickest route to success. Do you take Rafa who is a pragmatist and who's methods take time or Jose who gets an instant impact?

Cold view remember, no thought on connection with the crowd etc just quickest impact.

I can see why someone would think that, even though I don't agree with it.

Guest godzilla

He has 50 od thousand braindead customers who are willing to give him money year in year out through tickets merchandise, food and beverage

£350m is a big cow

Have a look at the profit and loss each year since he took over then and it is nowhere near 30 million each year in fact it amounts to £27 million before tax profit over his full ownership. Let's not get facts in the way though.

D40eAH7W4AAmu4E.jpg:large

Have a look at the profit and loss each year since he took over then and it is nowhere near 30 million each year in fact it amounts to £27 million before tax profit over his full ownership. Let's not get facts in the way though.

Not only that, it's just not sustainable to keep operating on crossed fingers and bargain hunting- we've seen it before, sooner or later your luck runs out and it's back to the Championship and cash injections required to keep the club afloat despite the parachute payments. A sale means a guaranteed return.

From a cold outsider point of view... you are buying a club and want the quickest route to success. Do you take Rafa who is a pragmatist and who's methods take time or Jose who gets an instant impact?

Cold view remember, no thought on connection with the crowd etc just quickest impact.

I can see why someone would think that, even though I don't agree with it.

I was taking a cold view. Everything we are building has been on Rafa's methods, there has been clear progress, and would probably only need the addition of a few high quality players to be challenging for top 6.

How is appointing someone like Jose, going to deliver more quickly? He would probably need to revamp all the methodology in place and bring in players to suit his own ideas. It could be of course, that the new owners know very little about football and don't have anyone advising them who knows any better either. I am just starting to think it's far more likely that Ashley will just bring in some muppet to carry on as normal, and the takeover talk will die a death now.

Guest godzilla

Not only that, it's just not sustainable to keep operating on crossed fingers and bargain hunting- we've seen it before, sooner or later your luck runs out and it's back to the Championship and cash injections required to keep the club afloat despite the parachute payments. A sale means a guaranteed return.

:snod:

£350m is a big cow

I keep seeing people post stats showing he hasn't made much money off NUFC each year. He might be losing money sometimes from us but has probably made that 5x over in free worldwide advertising.

Wor Flags have packed in ?

Well considering the displays are/were in the ground i'd have thought so, as it would mean still having a ticket next season :lol:

Anyone, anyone going next season and until Ashley has gone is an absolute knacker.

Always had a feeling they may not want Rafa at the club. Guy had too much sway with the fans and players and would run rings round new (to football) owners, especially if they didn't give him what he wanted. Suppose the real test of that theory is if we see a new manager come through the door in the next couple of weeks. If so there isn't a takeover and it isn't happening. If we're in the same position in 3-4 weeks then its possible there is still something in it.

Another thought is this could be Ashley moving things along. No more limbo: I need to sell the club now or makes plans with a new manager as currently i don't have one.

The club is on a knife-edge, one step the wrong way and it falls in to the abyss and there isn't enough good will around from the fans to rescue it.

Guest godzilla

£350m is a big cow

I keep seeing people post stats showing he hasn't made much money off NUFC each year. He might be losing money sometimes from us but has probably made that 5x over in free worldwide advertising.

And where's the facts to back this up. No doubt would have saved money from not paying advertising, but the Sports Direct share price these last few years certainly doesn't indicate this advertisement is having an impact on Sports Direct and certainly not the 5x you're indicating. And this when the Premier League is at it's highest point.

Wor Flags have packed in ?

Well considering the displays are/were in the ground i'd have thought so, as it would mean still having a ticket next season :lol:

Anyone, anyone going next season and until Ashley has gone is an absolute knacker.

Yep, and any protests / banners against Ashley or Pro-Rafa they would have planned in ground, would have been stopped by the stewards anyway.

Given the feeling, they probably feel they couldn't just go back and carry on like nowt has happened.

Guest covmag

Amazed people still think this is happening :lol:

The club is fucked. Just accept it

Pretty much agree and the final thing I will comment on, we were warned he’s playing us for mugs and the posters were poo pooed at, said earlier 40 years I’ve put in, no more , I stopped going last season even though th3 twat had my money but no more, the £600 will be spent elsewhere .My lads are gutted and for the firs5 time ever don’t want to bother with the match.....they are young and now lost to something else.

Lots of emotion on here today and I’m not one to knock fans but how you can renew after this is beyond me, but they will in there thousands.

If this isn't happening, I just want BZG to come our and say Ashley screwed up the deal and it's not happening. And hope they send a f***ing ISIS Toon fan to Ashley as a parting gift too.