Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Been thinking about this and wondering why Caulkin would release anything on this unless it’s near enough done. After all, it’s well documented that Ashley isn’t a fan of media coverage.

Even though his job is to report on these sort of things, I doubt he would risk jeopardising the whole thing unless it’s a lot further down the line that’s being let down.

On the other hand, the whole ‘papers submitted to the premier league’ thing sounds like it’s been leaked from someone at the premier league which ties in with the telegraph article being released. Hopefully it has no effect on the deal going through.

Been thinking about this and wondering why Caulkin would release anything on this unless it’s near enough done. After all, it’s well documented that Ashley isn’t a fan of media coverage.

Even though his job is to report on these sort of things, I doubt he would risk jeopardising the whole thing unless it’s a lot further down the line that’s being let down.

On the other hand, the whole ‘papers submitted to the premier league’ thing sounds like it’s been leaked from someone at the premier league which ties in with the telegraph article being released. Hopefully it has no effect on the deal going through.

Sports Journalists have nothing atm. That's the only reason why Caulkin has done an article.

Even a respected Journalist like Caulkin can only be as reliable as his sources. His source is undoubtedly Staveleys team, in which case MA could pull the plug at any time.

Be rivers of tears in the stands if Sir Steve of Geordieland was sacked off.

Yep. There’ll be a fair few who’ll say he was harshly sacked. Might be best he stays a little while and shoots himself in the foot.

I'll have no words if Staveley brings Rafa back like :lol:

Just can't see it though, he'll see his contract out unless they want him gone.

Rafa doesn’t break contracts. I can definitely see him coming back at some stage but when depends on who they bring in first (hypothetically)

The first appointment will reveal how astute they are.

Be rivers of tears in the stands if Sir Steve of Geordieland was sacked off.

Yep. There’ll be a fair few who’ll say he was harshly sacked. Might be best he stays a little while and shoots himself in the foot.

I'll have no words if Staveley brings Rafa back like :lol:

Just can't see it though, he'll see his contract out unless they want him gone.

With everything that's gone on with the virus he may decide China just isn't for him now.

As much as I don't want to get sucked in for the 10,000,000,000th time it seems now is a must for him, he's no longer a billionaire, his company is falling apart all around him, he could take his beloved SD back private with the money he gets from us. It all adds up, given the financial climate, falling profits and bank balances, we're the first thing he'd jettison to save his ass. Sack it #Cans

Said this before but as much as I love Rafa and would want him managing us again at some point, Keegan would be my first choice, especially in these circumstances. Nobody can galvanize the place and boost the confidence of the players like he could.

I doubt he's lost his ability to do that.

Said this before but as much as I love Rafa and would want him managing us again at some point, Keegan would be my first choice, especially in these circumstances. Nobody can galvanize the place and boost the confidence of the players like he could.

I doubt he's lost his ability to do that.

100%

He's still got his buttons on and he's still got a twinkle in his eye when he talks about us. Even he hasn't watched a game of football for a decade, it wouldn't matter. He's people person; a motivator; probably an entertainer third.

3 years of Kev running riot with Mandy's cheque book would set the place alight.