Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

6 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

If anything that should be a negative point :lol: Three of our top 10 transfer fees aren’t paid during the Ashley era, despite football transfers rocketing during his period.

Only spent £20m+ four times in fourteen years ffs.

Alan Shearer who we bought in the fucking mid 90s is still our 6th highest transfer.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

By their standards they'd love to be where Newcastle are. 1 season in the PL (that season) in the time Ashley was here + are on the brink now. But the first thing you should do is ask people why they do or don't like something not claim lies! 

He'd be getting them for free, would rid them of their debts and then attempt to get them back into the PL, then sell them for profit.

He'd have no intention of staying there long term.

I think it's a widescale problem in our current society, tbh. Everyone has their opinion and it's a really, really important opinion, despite having little-to-no-knowledge of what actually happened.

See Brexit, Covid etc. Almost alien these days to either admit you don't know something enough or that someone may just know better than you.

And if a fan told you what it was like I'm sure they'd dismiss it because they think we expected too much of him (he came in promising the league in five years, there are headlines that showed it!) so it was the other way round if anythingaykxrmuwstv41.jpg

Just now, nbthree3 said:

And if a fan told you what it was like I'm sure they'd dismiss it because they think we expected too much of him (he came in promising the league in five years, there are headlines that showed it!) so it was the other way round if anythingaykxrmuwstv41.jpg

im still scarred from this . It’s why I’m still just waiting to see them in action before really getting carried away. 

Personally think this is just lazy journalism but after seeing that dopey fucker’s Tweet about Ashley buying 7 of our top 10 most expensive signings ever, I hope he goes there and sucks the life out of their club, the way he did ours.

I’ve said this multiple times on here too, but really want Doubtfire to get the London FC job.