Boycoutt Newcastle United Football Club

Paully

I have today set up a protest group at the number of NUFC protest groups that have been set up.

Cute. I assume you’re a member/mailing listed of at least one of them then?

no everyone will get in touch and I will join them up.

Seeing and speaking to a few people not giving up their ticket or supporting the protest because “it’s pointless” and they “don’t want to lose the points”.

Baffled by it. I know it isn’t an easy decision and I wouldn’t hold it against anyone if they couldn’t give us their ticket if they really didn’t want to  but at the very least I don’t see any reason why there should be a single fan in the ground for the Arsenal game.

I know of a person keeping his ticket to keep the points, but apparently not attending any matches.

:undecided:

On one hand, still paying Ashley, on the other, ensuring his seats empty.

Wouldn't be me personally but each to their own I guess.

Whats the point of having loyalty points if we are never going to get to to have a run in the cup or get to Europe to then use them.

Well this is the Catch 22 isn't it, you bin off your ticket in the hope it makes Ashley leave, but if it does work you now want to go to games again and risk not being able to get a ticket for a popular away game or (heaven forbid) a semi final or whatever.

I've got over 100 points and starting from the ground up again after putting so much effort in watching mostly shite and potentially missing out on success would stick in the craw.

Of course then the other side of the Catch 22 is as you've identified, people keep going, Ashley doesn't leave, you've got no games you want to go to to use your points.

Some people are renewing so they can keep their loyalty points? Paying hundreds of ££ each year into Ashleys pocket and not even attending the games? What the actual fuck :lol:

They are actively helping in the destruction of the club.

Those loyalty points are worth fuck all under the current ownership. Is this so difficult to comprehend? How about actually taking a stand against what you oppose.

Anyone doing this deserves this husk of a club and they have no right to complain about Ashley.

Guest covmag

Some fans are absolute idiots with these points mind, it fundamentally is keeping thousands there.

Which only goes further to prove that Ashley is completely right to keep taking us for a ride every 6/12 months.

There is no disincentive, it's the old "fool me once etc..." situation. The only logical appeal at the moment is to Ashley's better nature, we all know how that ends.

Here's an idea for anyone worried about the loyalty points thing.

Stick the £600 in a bank account somewhere, or under the mattress, or whatever. Do the same next year and for however long it takes until Ashley sells up.

Then when he does go, use that as a war chest to just buy up tickets for whatever game you want. I guarantee that if we ever get to Wembley, if you wave £600 around someone will sell.

Your loyalty points are categorically not worth £600/year. And have some fucking dignity into the bargain.

It's pure selfishness this loyalty points bullshit, more bothered about having a chance to see success that we probably won't even get, all the while still feeding the f***ing parasite that is stopping us having a chance of any.. :lol:

What about the greater good? Take one for the team etc.

Stop putting yourself ahead of the club.

Don't be like Steve Wraith.

It's pure selfishness this loyalty points bullshit, more bothered about having a chance to see success that we probably won't even get, all the while still feeding the fucking parasite that is stopping us from seeing it :lol:

What about the greater good? Take one for the team etc.

Stop putting yourself ahead of the club.

Bingo. Too many self titled die hards won't listen to that though and think they have earned it for when the going gets good  :cheesy:

The one's with half a brain would have stepped back in an actual real attempt to shift the beast whilst saving cash and constant misery  :coolsmiley:

Well summed up bluestar. You stay away to help bring about change. Change and a modicum of success comes and you can't  be part of it without the points. You're  watching a semi final on the box while someone who hasn't  made a stand lauds it over you with a trip to Wembley and a told you so attitude. These points are a massive trap. Having said that, personally I'm  thinking can I justify paying half a grand a season for what could be many seasons while hoping Ashley goes, just to keep those points? All the while watching a pointless club that doesn't  try, with very little enthusiasm.

Well summed up bluestar. You stay away to help bring about change. Change and a modicum of success comes and you can't  be part of it without the points. You're  watching a semi final on the box while someone who hasn't  made a stand lauds it over you with a trip to Wembley and a told you so attitude. These points are a massive trap. Having said that, personally I'm  thinking can I justify paying half a grand a season for what could be many seasons while hoping Ashley goes, just to keep those points? All the while watching a pointless club that doesn't  try, with very little enthusiasm.

Put the £600/year into a bank account and then use it to pay over the odds for a ticket in the unlikely event we ever get to Wembley.

Problem solved, and you get to help increase the chance of us actually getting there by helping to get Ashley out. Rather than helping to keep him here, like you are at the moment.

So f***ing what? :lol:

There are bigger issues ffs.

Again, putting yourself ahead of the club.

Do people think every major revolution in History happened because people just continued following the status quo?

Imagine France in 1789 or Russian in 1917.

'I'm so sick of that bloody King. We should do something about it.'

'Yeah, I agree! Maybe if we revolt and tell him we're not going to put up with this s*** anymore we might get change. Heck! If they still won't listen, we'll get rid of him altogether and chop off his head!

'Na. On second thought. We'll just complain a bit but still pay our taxes when called upon and hopefully our murmuring of discontent will make them listen'

'Yeah, that might work actually. It hasn't worked for the last 500 years but I'm sure we're due a bit of good fortune soon!'

THE END.

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Whats the point of having loyalty points if we are never going to get to to have a run in the cup or get to Europe to then use them.

Absolutely this loyalty points so you get a cup final ticket to a final we are never ever ever going to be in

Guest covmag

No you can’t justify it.  ???

Absolutely this loyalty points so you get a cup final ticket to a final we are never ever ever going to be in

I thought cancelling memberships was going to get Ashley out and give us a chance of future success?

A boycott should be aimed at all televised away games:

Any home boycott will not work as we have 30k minimum who will attend no matter what.

Newcastle seem to consistently get picked for TV games at late notice and on Monday nights. The club earns approx 1m per TV game.

A boycott of tv away games can be 2 protests, one in protest towards Ashley. As I guess sky would get sick of us taking no fans and stop selecting our games, resulting in a loss of income towards the club.

And two, in protest towards Sky consistently changing our games.

No fan can use reasons such as “I’m already half way into the DD payments for the season” or various other things. How many really take their kids on away days especially Monday nights. So that’s another genuine reason avoided.

I think this would make a differance in theory but a lot of our fans might not want to give up the days out on the drink  :embarrassed:

Any home boycott will not work as we have 30k minimum who will attend no matter what.

If there's only 30k in a home game that would be a massive success and would bring loads of attention which Ashley hates.

Guest The Little Waster

Agree if the crowd slips down to 30 000 thats fantastic , will look

shit for the tv cameras and gives boycotters a huge boost when arguing with those still going . Every success is welcome even if it starts small and then builds

Out of curiosity, can those people who have already renewed their ST or may end up renewing over the next week or so still cancel and get refunded?

I’ve seen a few people make comments that this is possible. It may be worth having whatever procedure it is made into a couple of lines/instructions that can be posted around online etc.

If it is possible it’s worth pointing out as some people may not realise.

Agree if the crowd slips down to 30 000 thats fantastic , will look

shit for the tv cameras and gives boycotters a huge boost when arguing with those still going . Every success is welcome even if it starts small and then builds

I think 30k was me probably being optimistic. Realistically we're looking at 40k arent we. Which won't make much of a difference.