Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Pardew was in tears on the pitch and didn't get the boot we got compo. This sack of lard smeared disappointment is gonna walk before he's sacked. He's softer than Pardew, in every sense.

Yes, they will sack him. There'll be terms in his contract that Alan Pardew wouldn't sign up to.

I doubt they'll want to repeat the cycle of employing someone too competent though. Come to think of it, Steve's Janary replacement will most likely be Alan Pardew, who'll be able to leverage the clubs league position to his favour, demanding a top 19 salary.

Rafa basically created a team brain they operated off of which was mostly down to training repetition and him on the sideline walking them through matches. Bruce can’t do that nor the ability to. We will really struggle if things don’t click and we get some luck.

Rafa basically created a team brain they operated off of which was mostly down to training repetition and him on the sideline walking them through matches. Bruce can’t do that nor the ability to. We will really struggle if things don’t click and we get some luck.

Yes. Completely agree.

As a clueless fan I often thought Richie would make quite a good CM, but obviously there’s a reason that a professional manager has never tried it.

He charges around like a dog chasing a balloon, he'd be a two yellow carder waiting to happen.

Aye, he’d be a Jack Colback in there.

Worse i reckon, and that would take so doing  :lol:

As a clueless fan I often thought Richie would make quite a good CM, but obviously there’s a reason that a professional manager has never tried it.

He charges around like a dog chasing a balloon, he'd be a two yellow carder waiting to happen.

The 3D nature of central midfield is really hard as well. Everything’s easier when you have a line to run up and down.

Very true.

Thought we were all over at the back at times there. The goal obviously being an example of that. Managed to take Rafas defensive solidity away almost immediately. Subs were shocking as well, neither he or the players knew where they were meant to be.

To be fair, the minute Rafa left our defensive unit from last season was gone. Evidenced by how often it fell apart in second half.

Our midfield is really easy to play through, Rondon and Perez winning the ball high up was absolutely key.

I didn’t see the game today but we desperately need a manager who makes the team more than the sum of its parts, and that’s by getting them hyper-organised and hard to play against. Otherwise they’re in real danger.

We played 3 in central midfield, once Shelvey went not one sat in there. Not that Shelvey should do it but one of the three has to sit in the centre circle and stay there, a defensive midfielder who does just that job.

To be fair, the minute Rafa left our defensive unit from last season was gone. Evidenced by how often it fell apart in second half.

Our midfield is really easy to play through, Rondon and Perez winning the ball high up was absolutely key.

I didn’t see the game today but we desperately need a manager who makes the team more than the sum of its parts, and that’s by getting them hyper-organised and hard to play against. Otherwise they’re in real danger.

Thought the midfield did fine in the first half. Was impressed by Shelvey. Longstaff was sloppy in the pass at times. It all fell to pieces in the second half when Bruce gutted the system after Jonjo came off.

Guest chopey

Joelinton would score goals if he was supported by Perez and Almiron, teams will find it easy to defend against our current formation, snuff out Almiron and tie our wingbacks up with their own wingers and its game over.