Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest chopey

Rafa had us playing like a professional football team and actually making Ashley money in the transfer market.

Bruce has Spent £60 million to undo all of Rafa's good work and take us back 10 years .............in 4 weeks !!!

Guest covmag

Rafa had us playing like a professional football team and actually making Ashley money in the transfer market.

Bruce has Spent £60 million to undo all of Rafa's good work and take us back 10 years .............in 4 weeks !!!

This, it makes no fucking sense

Joelinton would score goals if he was supported by Perez and Almiron, teams will find it easy to defend against our current formation, snuff out Almiron and tie our wingbacks up with their own wingers and its game over.

Nah, think they have to do far less than that. Can see Newcastle finish anywhere from 17th and downwards.

Guest chopey

We are the worst team I've seen this weekend, it looks like we need to play in a 4 3 3 with our current crop to score goals, but that would mean carrying the front 3 and give them no defensive duties at all ..................however its 2019 and those days are gone.

We are the worst team I've seen this weekend, it looks like we need to play in a 4 3 3 with our current crop to score goals, but that would mean carrying the front 3 and give them no defensive duties at all ..................however its 2019 and those days are gone.

I hear you. I’ll rank the three promoted sides as Norwich, Villa and Sheff Utd. The first two did well despite the results. However I think Norwich and Sheff Utd will go down with Newcastle.

Guest chopey

I hear you. I’ll rank the three promoted sides as Norwich, Villa and Sheff Utd. The first two did well despite the results. However I think Norwich and Sheff Utd will go down with Newcastle.

Both Norwich and Sheff Utd will have the benefit of a home crowd that will get behind their team, we have a big library 

Still can’t get my head around what I’ve witnessed today. The difference between Rafa and Bruce man!

I can only liken it to sitting in a helicopter ready to take you to pick up your lottery cheque and Maverick hops out the pilots seat to be replaced by Barry Chuckle.

Bruce has spent fuck all. These signings were lined up well before the cunt rocked up.

Guest reefatoon

Still creased at this whopper shouting “what the f***s happening”  after he made a sub.  From the utmost professional that was Rafa to this absolute clown is going to be comedy gold.

Hate this cunt me, like.

Bloke has literally undone everything Rafa built. The game could be going on now and we won’t have had a shot on target. Hope he keels over on the touch line next week.

I can't believe we've lost a manager who was slowly building a very functional 25 man squad - despite being on a shoestring budget and severe restrictions on the type of player he could bring in - and ended up with a yes man who will happily take the players signed by the club to flip for profit without any consideration as to whether they will form a balanced squad/team or not.  Absolutely sickening and it is going to lead to relegation, again.

They will make no profit at all with this fucking arsehole as manager as he doesn’t know how to use the players they’ve bought.

Hopefully they realise quicker this season that the fraud they’ve put in charge is taking us down than when they did under McLaren.

After watching today the club have the pieces to be a midtable team.  They're chess pieces though and Bruce can only play checkers.

He has to drop the 3 man midfield.  Longstaff needs space to be at his best and 3 men crowd him out of the game.  Shelvey is a few steps too slow and lacks the anticipation to make up for his lack of quickness.  He's a liability defensively and adds too little on the ball.

I like what I saw from Joelinton.  He works hard, has all the physical tools but is still raw.  I'd love to see him develop under Rafa.  Almiron centrally behind him and ASM on the right a little wider could be fun to watch.

I used to love Ritchie but he's past it.  Wingback is no place for him.  Willems has to get a run of games.

I am very concerned that, lacking the tactical noir to fine tune and tinker with the talent, Bruce will seek his comfort zone and the club will morph to a bog standard 442 with players shoehorned into suffocatingly banal positions.  We'll probably never see the 5-2-3 formation the team needs to play.

And who do you think Ashley would replace Bruce with ?

True, there won’t be a Rafa Benitez approaching the club this time.

People like thumb head Luke Edwards who have championed Bruce all summer are a joke. The bloke is one of the worst managers to grace the Premier League and not fit for our club, or any club for that matter. Proven failure.

And who do you think Ashley would replace Bruce with ?

If precedent is anything to go by, somebody who isn't a useless twat. Shearer and Rafa have been his last two Hail Mary efforts.

Depends when the sacking comes down.

The three times it was early / mid season we were lumped with Kinnear, Pardew and Carver

Can't believe what a mess the team turned into this afternoon. Nothing even especially needed changing. :lol: I thought it was basically tactics 101: if you're forced until a change - i.e. an injury - you change like for like and move around as few people as possible? What should have been one centre-mid for another turned into an absolute dog's dinner with different players all over the shop; at least four players having switched position, some more than once, before the game was finished (some of which intentional and some of which because the oncoming players hadn't understood the instructions. :lol: )

Like I said earlier, you'd think you were just being opportunist and 'bias', just taking the first chance to have a dig at him. But that second half was an absolute palaver. I really didn't think it would become such a mess in literally the first hour.