Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I'm 100% back in the mindset that I was with Pardew, I want Bruce's Newcastle United to get stuffed every game, no good can come with him at the club and the longer he stays the more damage he will do a and the longer it will take a good bloke to put it right.

It's his 60th birthday on Thursday. The reaction could be interesting when the NUFC social media team offer their birthday wishes on Twitter and Facebook.

He’s in an absolute state. Heart attack waiting to happen

Fair enough, I did enjoy it under Rafa so I can't really say its definite that I wouldn't

I agree to an extent. I think we should all be wiser by now though and rather not see another great manager taken the piss out of by Ashley. Bruce is the perfect guy to work for him and represent his company.

If we don't get 4 points from next 2 games (very doubtful), then we've made a worse start than last season.

Despite spending a decent amount of money. The good from Rafa has been totally washed away :lol:

Would anyone be happy if Ashley sacked Bruce (not happening like) and appointed someone a bit better?

I just don't see the point. The club is dead whilst Ashley is here, so I can't think of a better fitting manager for this version of NUFC.

Yes. While the takeover is a possibility I’d like to believe we have a manager taking us in the direction and maybe even enjoying a game every now and again rather than being bleeding awful to watch every week.

Agree, it would give the rest of the season some sort of point, but if there is still the prospect of a takeover, I think they'll just let him keep the seat warm as long as we can stay ahead of the relegation pack. So the season's a write of realistically.

If we don't get 4 points from next 2 games (very doubtful), then we've made a worse start than last season.

Despite spending a decent amount of money. The good from Rafa has been totally washed away :lol:

It really has. The defensive unit that he compiled, organised and drilled to death has been dismantled in the name of a stronger attack and exciting football. Which of course hasn't been delivered.

He's like a back-to-front Dalglish.

Would anyone be happy if Ashley sacked Bruce (not happening like) and appointed someone a bit better?

I just don't see the point. The club is dead whilst Ashley is here, so I can't think of a better fitting manager for this version of NUFC.

Yes. While the takeover is a possibility I’d like to believe we have a manager taking us in the direction and maybe even enjoying a game every now and again rather than being bleeding awful to watch every week.

Agree, it would give the rest of the season some sort of point, but if there is still the prospect of a takeover, I think they'll just let him keep the seat warm as long as we can stay ahead of the relegation pack. So the season's a write of realistically.

While the proposed takeover is still alive (no matter how remote the chance), it is imperative that the club doesn't get relegated. For that reason I'd rather hire someone competent.

If the takeover is dead I'm not fussed tbh, think we might have to tumble down the leagues for Ashley to reduce his asking price to a realistic amount anyway.

"The criticism hurts but I hope to keep working hard to shut a few people up," said Bruce. "The only way to do that is through results."

Wednesday's Premier League encounter with Liverpool does not offer immediate hope of respite for Bruce and his players given they have lost five successive games against Jurgen Klopp's men, conceding 15 goals in the process.

Newcastle's season is delicately poised as they are only one win away from moving into mid-table and getting close to the 10th-place spot Bruce said was the aim for the campaign.

However, defeats by leaders Liverpool and second-placed Leicester, who visit St James' Park on 3 January, would leave them on the edge of a relegation battle.

It was the difference between Bruce's pre-season comments and those after the City defeat, when he said his 'remit' was to keep Newcastle in the Premier League, that has sparked more debate about his tenure.

Newcastle's fans are getting irritated - especially because they see what are viewed as similar sized clubs in Everton and Aston Villa impressing at the top end of the table.

This does ignore the fact Everton lost £265m over the previous three seasons - and then spent around £60m on new signings before the current campaign, plus the significant wages needed to get James Rodriguez on a free transfer.

Aston Villa have spent more than £200m on new players since their promotion in 2019.

In contrast, Newcastle have spent around £100m over the past two close seasons and recouped £30m of that by selling Ayoze Perez to Leicester.

"I can understand the frustration but we are where we are," said Bruce.

"We'd all love to have what Everton have been able to do over the last two or three years and certainly, since I left Aston Villa, the spending power that has propelled them up the league.

"But unfortunately this is we are where we are at this particular moment.

"The remit hasn't changed since I walked through the door but my attitude towards it is, we have to try and aim towards the top 10. We'd all like to be shooting for that but firstly, obviously, we have to remain as a Premier League outfit."

via Brucey Ball Cunts

It really has. The defensive unit that he compiled, organised and drilled to death has been dismantled in the name of a stronger attack and exciting football. Which of course hasn't been delivered.

He's like a back-to-front Dalglish.

Like a back to front panto donkey more like?

Guest neesy111

https://www.nufc.co.uk/nufc-tv/latest-videos/bruce-pre-liverpool-h-media-briefing-20-21/?isfromsocial=true

Was shaking his head at Lee Ryders question. I think he hates Ryder. From 9.30ish

I hate Lee Ryder too, tbh.

I hate Ryder as well. I think Ryder hates me more though, I'm blocked on twitter

I'm blocked as well because I followed that spoof account.