Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Murphy just blurts out any old crap.

Kept calling Dubravka "Dubrovnik"yesterday until the other pundits started taking the piss.

:lol: He was narked by being called out on it too

Kept calling Dubravka "Dubrovnik"yesterday until the other pundits started taking the piss.

:lol: Missed that, what was said?

:lol: Missed that, what was said?

Just that he was waiting to be pulled up on it and that he got it wrong because he was cold.

He was a bit defensive, prob doesn’t like being called out when he knows he knows nowt.

He tried to brush it off with " I was waiting for someone to pull me up on it"

Then tried to make out he said it wrong once, when he had been saying it the entire game  :idiot2:

:lol: this too. I think he genuinely thought he was called Dubrovnik and was annoyed he’d been caught out

He the epitome of the type of shit punditry we get in this country nowadays. No research or knowledge needed of the actual teams you’ll be covering for the game. Rock up on the day, get a slap on the back from a couple of old football mates, and spout know-all shite for the entirety of the match.

Would be nice to see broadcasters sack off some of the thick twat ex-players for, you know, some decent sports journalists.

For me, the biggest problem that the team has is that Bruce has no conviction to stick to his belief on a formation, with the same players, week in, week out.  The outcome of this is that the team has no pattern of play as the team never gets a chance to  gel and get an understanding of each other.

Bruce needs to stick to a formation and keep with it for the remainder of the season.  He also needs to get more attacking intent into the minds of the players.  I would with a 5-3-2 formation

I would have.

Jacob, Ferdanez, Clark, Lascelles, Ritchie

M Longstaff, Hayden, ASM

Gayle, Wilson

If playing against top 6 you could swap out Ritchie for Dummet and also with ASM, swap with Almiron if ASM is unavailable

We should all buy dusters and get them sent to the training ground.

Shame there's no fans in the ground, we could wave yellow dusters like how Spanish fans wave white handkerchiefs to show they're pissed off.

Shame there's no fans in the ground, we could wave yellow dusters like how Spanish fans wave white handkerchiefs to show they're p*ssed off.

Would surely get media attention, and be able to highlight the clichéd bullshit merchant Bruce is.

Bound to put Bruce at an awkward disposition in interviews, as he'd have to break a habit of a lifetime and try not to say 'dust off' as well as being on edge about the rest of his tired nonsense he's been saying for last 20 years.

"Rather than sitting deep and playing off a ‘low block’, it’s to try and get us higher up the pitch. Of course, that’s the difficult part and to win a game you’ve got to score goals. It gave us chances (at Arsenal) and we haven’t been able to take them. That’s the positive (to take from the 2-0 cup defeat) for me. We’re trying something different and it nearly paid dividends.”

He just hasn't got a clue. He's trying to complicate things coming out with rubbish like that to try to justify his (lack of any) tactics.

To get higher up the pitch you need to have possession of the football. If you rarely have the ball you are going to be defending and stuck in your own half more than anything else. It's hardly rocket science.

Yep, talking out of his arse. Common trait of absolutely shite managers: over-explaining some kind of alleged tactical choice. Competent ones tend to just let the actions speak for themselves.

We pressed higher in the last two games, cool, what an effort. I liked the bit where they passed it beyond our players rather than just around and in front of them. Worked a treat.

If he really is committed to playing in this revolutionary new way another massive hammering might not be too far off. Then back in our shells we go.

Exactly what I thought. Every time he thinks he's got us playing further up the pitch, we get a hammering and off he goes crying about Rafa again :lol:.

I think this is exactly what those of who want him out need tbh. Him thinking he knows how to change the way we play.

The high press is very difficult to execute and sustain, especially physically.  You need exceptional midfielders and be very well organised. We have none of these things so if we try to play with a high line, at some point we'll be ripped to pieces

He just hasn't got a clue. He's trying to complicate things coming out with rubbish like that to try to justify his (lack of any) tactics.

To get higher up the pitch you need to have possession of the football. If you rarely have the ball you are going to be defending and stuck in your own half more than anything else. It's hardly rocket science.

I’m not defending SB or anything :lol: but is he not just talking about the higher pressing, thus winning the ball higher up the pitch?

I’m not defending SB or anything :lol: but is he not just talking about the higher pressing, thus winning the ball higher up the pitch?

I think he means instead of it going back to our keeper from the oppositions 18yard box someone will have a speculative punt in the forward direction