Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

18 months in and he still has no idea what formation to use or his ideal starting 11.  He changes things every game and reacts to every Criticism as he has no conviction in what he is doing.  Our midfield is slow and so he needs to counter that weakness.  Joelinton is not a left midfielder and so stop using him there.  He is either a supporting striker or a number 10 at a push.

I personally wish Bruce would just make a decision and settle on side and formation (even if in the end it doesn't work).  I would go for

-----------------------Dubs------------------------

-------Ferndanez-----Lascelles-----Clark---------

Murphy---Hayden---------M Longstaff---------Ritchie

---------------------Miggy------------------------------

-------------Gayle---------  Wilson------------------

Swap in ASM  when fit!

He always thinks ripping it up, making loads of changes or completely changing formation is going to get him results and it never does. He would be best going with a 4-2-3-1 and working on improving the tactics/movement/structure game by game. That's really what Rafa did and then merged it into 3 at the back over time. He Really needs to try and get 3 in that middle with Hayden possibly as deepest and then maybe both Longstaffs in front or one of them and Miggy. Murphy on the Right anhd Ritchie/Frazer on the left with Wilson through centre.

Feel like a lot of supporters are missing the point on here at times. It’s sad to see so many players threads bumped with abuse when the blame lies entirely with this clueless manager.

I genuinely believed we’d hear something about him being sacked today. Ashley must be putting every hope it getting out with this arbitration.

Feel like a lot of supporters are missing the point on here at times. It’s sad to see so many players threads bumped with abuse when the blame lies entirely with this clueless manager.

I genuinely believed we’d hear something about him being sacked today. Ashley must be putting every hope it getting out with this arbitration.

Glad I wasn’t the only one but in truth Ashley leaves it way too late every time why change now , it’s astonishing really he can’t see it.

18 months in and he still has no idea what formation to use or his ideal starting 11.  He changes things every game and reacts to every Criticism as he has no conviction in what he is doing.  Our midfield is slow and so he needs to counter that weakness.  Joelinton is not a left midfielder and so stop using him there.  He is either a supporting striker or a number 10 at a push.

I personally wish Bruce would just make a decision and settle on side and formation (even if in the end it doesn't work).  I would go for

-----------------------Dubs------------------------

-------Ferndanez-----Lascelles-----Clark---------

Murphy---Hayden---------M Longstaff---------Ritchie

---------------------Miggy------------------------------

-------------Gayle---------  Wilson------------------

Swap in ASM  when fit!

That looks spot on.  It would be my selection also.

Bruce inherited one of the best 3 centre back set ups in the division.  When we had Schar (now ignored). Lejeune (now dumped out on loan) and Lascelles who has gone rapidly downhill,  it worked a treat. Two ball players who could bring the ball out and pass it, and score the odd goa. Add Dubs and it was a really solid base and with Fernandez and Clark who could step in when needed.  That was the start of building a good team

He only has to get a win from either Villa or Leeds and that will get him another month. And I think that he will probably get that win from one of those. If he loses both though he's a goner but only IF the takeover is on course to happen.

Just seen that clip of Neville after last night match, retweeted.

"I haven't seen Steve Bruce for 12 years, even though I played alongside him, and this isn't a Steve Bruce defence piece, but..."

Then goes on to blame/criticize anything and everything to do with NUFC over the las 10 years, except Steve Bruce.

:fool:

The PR offensive is in full swing. Absolutely insane baseless support and finger pointing going on to protect poor Steve. How dare we demand better than Bruce. He deserves better, said pundits and supporters just wouldn't hire him for any of our clubs, happy to support him at ours though.