Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Only managing a total of 10 shots on target across 5 games, loosing 4, whilst playing arguably the worst premiership team ever and never having any control of possession in a single game all season should be enough to scare even the dumbest MD/Owner.....Newcastle... "Hold my beer"

His sacking is inevitable. I really wish that the delay was due to formalities regarding getting a decent manager in. The reality is charnley and Ashley are sitting with their thumbs up their arses wondering what to do next.

Ashley doesn't want to pay money to get rid of him and he doesn't want to bring someone in while the transfer window is open. It'll be at least 2 games until he is gone, we could be in freefall in the bottom 3 at that point and the uninspiring replacement won't have the cojones to inject any fight into an already defeated forlorn squad.

Do have to wonder what the people that keep hiring the Bruce's, Pulis, Allardyces of the world see that millions of football fans cant.

Every fan knows Allardyce will bore the hell out them, every fan knows Pulis will play 4 beast centre backs and rely on someone who can throw a football the length of the pitch, every fan knows Bruce will only take a team backwards and jump ship as soon as a better job comes along....

Unfortunately he's now in the best job he could hope to get, is making a royal balls up of it, so no better opportunity is likely

Managers like Allardyce and Pulis have an appeal within a remit, at least to owners, with the remit being it's almost certain a relegation threatened club will be less likely to go down.

Bruce doesn't fall into that category at all though. He has no notable talents in any department and it's been proven over the decades of experience he keeps referring to.

He’s still here then :tickedoff:

I forgot today was Sunday. Give it another couple of days then he's gone. Let's say Wednesday.

For someone who is so cynical about the takeover still being in the wings, I'm surprised you are so confident Ashley will pull the plug on Bruce. From everything we know about the owner he'll never sack a manager who toes the line and follows the script. As long as we are more than 3 points ahead of the relegation spots Ashley will keep praying his slave will somehow pull off a result to ease the pressure.

I forgot today was Sunday. Give it another couple of days then he's gone. Let's say Wednesday.

For someone who is so cynical about the takeover still being in the wings, I'm surprised you are so confident Ashley will pull the plug on Bruce. From everything we know about the owner he'll never sack a manager who toes the line and follows the script. As long as we are more than 3 points ahead of the relegation spots Ashley will keep praying his slave will somehow pull off a result to ease the pressure.

Mate, this is 100% me trying to kid myself that it's going to happen. I know full well he's here for the long-run but I reckon I can convince myself there is still hope just by typing it :lol:

Never hated a person so much, including Pardew/Souness/Carver

Mate, this is 100% me trying to kid myself that it's going to happen. I know full well he's here for the long-run but I reckon I can convince myself there is still hope just by typing it :lol:

Never hated a person so much, including Pardew/Souness/Carver

Ah ok. I did have a suspicion that was what was going on. :lol:

"I have been criticised for everything. I don't necessarily agree with it“

The 'it' he was referring to there was the suggestion from Shreeves that our football is too negative. Of course, it was just a false rebuttal pulled out of his arse to avoid actually taking accountability and answering the question, but that's what it was in answer to.

Was trying to find our most recent comparable 'low' to where we are now, certainly in terms of the squad's attitude towards the manager and games in general. Got to be the Leicester away game where we lost 3-0 (eighth defeat in a row), where Williamson got sent off, you'd think? Obviously it was dismal under McClaren and maybe I'm just mis-remembering/recency bias, but I'm not sure if there was ever this consistent sense of the players' relationship with the manager being so toxic.

These were some of Carver's quotes from that Leicester post-match. Bruce isn't a million miles away, like. Both dinosaurs who should be nowhere near a PL dugout:

"I wish the players had as much determination and fight as I had. We can talk about systems and players but if we're not willing to compete, get your head onto the ball and risk getting an injury, you won't get anywhere.

"What I can’t do is give players desire, to get their noses broken or a cut on their eye by trying to head the ball. I wish I could be out there with them, and affect them. We have a problem. We are a soft touch.

"This game has got nothing to do with systems, it is eleven v eleven and it is whoever wins it is the best team. Whoever defends set-pieces in your box and in the other box, we don’t score enough and we concede too many.

"Once we cross the white line and we have to defend set plays, there is not a thing I can do about it."

"I wish the players had as much determination and fight as I had. We can talk about systems and players but if we're not willing to compete, get your head onto the ball and risk getting an injury, you won't get anywhere.

"What I can’t do is give players desire, to get their noses broken or a cut on their eye by trying to head the ball. I wish I could be out there with them, and affect them. We have a problem. We are a soft touch.

"This game has got nothing to do with systems, it is eleven v eleven and it is whoever wins it is the best team. Whoever defends set-pieces in your box and in the other box, we don’t score enough and we concede too many.

"Once we cross the white line and we have to defend set plays, there is not a thing I can do about it."

"I thought he'd done that on purpose - it looks like he did. The ball was off the pitch - he had no need to make the challenge.

"I told him that to his face. I don’t want to go into his reaction. I was the most animated I have been in my football career.

"He will miss two games now - is it an easy way out?"

Other than the but in bold, there are slightly different delusions, but on the whole there's a very familiar sense now, in that the manager has totally lost control.

What's even more incredible is that we somehow managed to collect four points from nine after that, the lowest of low points, and I suppose that supports the theory - now - that we could easily bollocks our way to a win at some point. A 1-1 draw against Leeds or Everton could prompt a victory against Palace, for instance, then we're 'back on track'.

If the game has nothing to do with systems or tactics, what the fuck is a football manager’s job? Motivation alone? Baffling, dinosaur stuff!

It's absolutely incredible man. That is literally the job requirement to organise the team tactically and give them instructions on how to function in order to be an effective unit :lol:

And we have these oafs continuously disregarding and denigrating tactics  ;D

We’re already in free fall. The players don’t give a fuck, and there’s clearly no tactical plan aside from ‘give a go’ and ‘keep it tight’.

All statistics point to a side in free fall

All results point to a side in free fall

All rhetoric from the manager points to someone that has lost the dressing room

Yet still no pundit or journo is prepared to come out and say he’s done, using the above as the basis for argument

If the game has nothing to do with systems or tactics, what the f*** is a football manager’s job? Motivation alone? Baffling, dinosaur stuff!

It's absolutely incredible man. That is literally the job requirement to organise the team tactically and give them instructions on how to function in order to be an effective unit :lol:

It’s just incompetence on a ridiculous level and he not even trying to hide it. He should be sacked for that comment alone.

If the game has nothing to do with systems or tactics, what the f*** is a football manager’s job? Motivation alone? Baffling, dinosaur stuff!

It’s just incompetence on a ridiculous level and he not even trying to hide it. He should be sacked for that comment alone.

The quote in my post was from Carver...

(but yeah)

Absolutely right. But then you realise that he has spouted this nonsense for ages, and yet continues to get jobs despite having that ridiculous attitude to that side of things.

And then you see the nonsense he produces currently at Newcastle, and not only has he been safe in his position, but he is also being paid a cool £1 million a year.

The quote in my post was from Carver...

(but yeah)

He's basically said the same thing over and over again, and has done for the longest. They're all the same reprehensibly clueless con artists.