Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Inflation changes the reality of that stat (I mean, what would '96 Shearer be worth today?) but I'm a fan of anyone pointing out that Bruce has been far from hard done by, and if we continue to stink up the bottom half of the table, we're underachieving given the levels of investment. Despite folks in the media prattling on about what a great job he clearly hasn't done.

If that is true it really puts the efforts on the pitch into perspective, the most costly NUFC team in history and we can't string 2 passes together, form any kind of resemblance of a formation or indeed assert any tactical authority on the pitch.

How anyone can defend this fraud is beyond me, I don't for one second believe this nice guy routine, he's a suck up to those he needs to keep onside, a real definition of a snake. A nice guy would admit he was out of his depth and take the plunge, not lie incessantly and lay blame everywhere but his own door.

Inflation changes the reality of that stat (I mean, what would '96 Shearer be worth today?) but I'm a fan of anyone pointing out that Bruce has been far from hard done by, and if we continue to stink up the bottom half of the table, we're underachieving given the levels of investment. Despite folks in the media prattling on about what a great job he clearly hasn't done.

Just by standard inflation: £29,053,893.23

But with football inflation, probably about £90M

Just by standard inflation: £29,053,893.23

But with football inflation, probably about £90M

You can easily double that and the rest!

:thup: It's also obviously skewed by how tight Ashley has been with the majority of managers, having owned the club during some of the most insane increases to transfer fees. But as you say, it's a clear counter to the bullshit 'he's making do with what he has' argument.

He's now ahead of McClaren and am I wrong in recalling that it was widely accepted he got a decent chunk to spend? Or am I just thinking within the NUFC fan bubble?

Guest Cheesy Beans

Shearer would be around £125M nowadays I reckon.

When we signed Shearer he was easily in the top 3 strikers in the world. You can easily equate him to the Mbappe fee, maybe not quite Neymar due to his image rights but certainly north of £150m

+ the usual inflation due to being English.

Shearer would be around £125M nowadays I reckon.

When we signed Shearer he was easily in the top 3 strikers in the world. You can easily equate him to the Mbappe fee, maybe not quite Neymar due to his image rights but certainly north of £150m

Easily!

He was the most sought-after CF in the world after finising top scorer at Euro 96 as well as scoring 31, 34, 31 Premier League goals in the previous three seasons! Over £200m for me!

He said: "Quietly we want to go about our business.

"With the help of my CEO (Lee Charnley) that is what we'll be allowed to do, and what we will continue to try to do. Bit by bit.

"Hopefully it will make us bigger and stronger and that takes time.

"We can't instantly do it.

"We can't do it straight away but bit by bit we can improve."

"With the help of my CEO (Lee Charnley) that is what we'll be allowed to do, and what we will continue to try to do. Bit by bit.

:lol:

Empty, vacuous, bullshit

I wonder how long he thinks it's going to take before we see this fantastic football he reckons he can deliver.

Guest reefatoon

I wonder how long he thinks it's going to take before we see this fantastic football he reckons he can deliver.

It's only been 22 years since he became a manager. Give the poor fucker some time.

"And of course, we can't start to improve until we have finished going backwards."

Don't know why you missed out that last line.

"And of course, we can't start to improve until we have finished going backwards."

Don't know why you missed out that last line.

He really said that last bit?