Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

My goodness Shola has so little character and integrity. It is so utterly shameful.

It is so interesting how certain situations allow you to really see what someone is made of.

That man will sell you out in a heartbeat if it benefits him in anyway. Awful stuff.

All the more alarming because he'll come across all decent and will smile in your face, but my goodness, the nonsense about MA today man. Terrible.

Symbolic of Mike Ashley’s Newcastle. One of the worst in every way.

Shola's done his coaching badges hasn't he?  Wonder what odds you could get on him ending up in charge.

Guest chopey

So Bruce has accepted a deal to be the lowest paid Premier league manager ad he has agreed to take Carr back

Guest NobbyOhNobby

My goodness Shola has so little character and integrity. It is so utterly shameful.

It is so interesting how certain situations allow you to really see what someone is made of.

That man will sell you out in a heartbeat if it benefits him in anyway. Awful stuff.

All the more alarming because he'll come across all decent and will smile in your face, but my goodness, the nonsense about MA today man. Terrible.

Symbolic of Mike Ashley’s Newcastle. One of the worst in every way.

Shola's done his coaching badges hasn't he?  Wonder what odds you could get on him ending up in charge.

There was some confusion there and he hasn't done them. Apparently he's done his swimming badges, though

Talk of Carr coming back reminded me (for some reason) - what's wor Ian Cathro up to these days? 

Don't laugh too much at this but I quite liked the guy and when Rafa kept him around I remember having this (laughably naive obviously) idea that Rafa would manage us for like 5-10 years and 'groom' (for lack of a better word) Cathro to take over in some kind of Bobby/Mourinho type deal  :lol:

Talk of Carr coming back reminded me (for some reason) - what's wor I an Cathro up to these days? 

Don't laugh too much at this but I quite liked the guy and when Rafa kept him around I remember having this (laughably naive obviously) idea that Rafa would manage us for like 5-10 years and 'groom' (for lack of a better word) Cathro to take over in some kind of Bobby/Mourinho type deal  :lol:

First team coach at Wolves. Nuno worked with him at Balenthia

There's something wrong with that bloke.

He asked the question on twitter during the Staveley farce of Ashley "do you really think he's making this up?". Why, when faced with two further examples, and two years later, is there no introspection of that very question.

Never liked him from the time I heard him say, on the radio mind you (in 2008) "Look at the atmosphere".

But growing to rather hate him now. I'd pity him if he's just a nerb but no level of thickness can explain professing to be a Newcastle fan and siding with Ashley/Wise

Don't know what Bruce is doing tbh. I'd rather be managing a team that wants to be challenging for promotion rather than a team in the premiership gambling with relegation. He won't  have many fans on his side, even though he thinks he's "one of us". Just doesn't make sense. The Sheff Wed fans are already turning on him so if this falls through he's lost most of their support aswell. What an idiot

Don't know what Bruce is doing tbh. I'd rather be managing a team that wants to be challenging for promotion rather than a team in the premiership gambling with relegation. He won't  have many fans on his side, even though he thinks he's "one of us". Just doesn't make sense. The Sheff Wed fans are already turning on him so if this falls through he's lost most of their support aswell. What an idiot

Because if you look at the list of teams he's managed, Newcastle United would be the biggest name on there. Noone else would be stupid enough to give him this opportunity - football managers are egotistical and want to be managing at the top level now.

Because if you look at the list of teams he's managed, Newcastle United would be the biggest name on there. Noone else would be stupid enough to give him this opportunity - football managers are egotistical and want to be managing at the top level now.

Yeah, I know what you mean but he'll probably go down as one of our worst managers ever rather than a chance to be a hero by Sheffield Wednesday. He only needs to get them promoted and he'll be managing in the premiership anyway, without the guaranteed pressure he'll be under here.

So to me he's still making the wrong decision

Aye. Rafa sticks out like a sore thumb in that every single other manager in the Ashley era at the time of their employment would never have been considered for any other PL job.

Keegan - had been out the game about 5 years

Kinnear - had been out the game about 5 years

Shearer - TV pundit

Hughton - well respected no.2 and coach but had never managed

Pardew - sacked by League 1 Southampton

Carver - no.2 and had only managed in Canada or as a caretaker

McClaren - sacked by Championship Derby and hadn't managed in the top flight for about 8 or 9 years

(Rafa)

Bruce - sacked by Championship Villa, at Championship Sheff Wed, not managed in top flight for 5 years

Ashley targets these types as they'll accept his awful working conditions due to them having fuck all chance of a top job. NUFC or bust.

Yeah, I know what you mean but he'll probably go down as one of our worst managers ever rather than a chance to be a hero by Sheffield Wednesday. He only needs to get them promoted and he'll be managing in the premiership anyway, without the guaranteed pressure he'll be under here.

So to me he's still making the wrong decision

We only need to win every game and we'll win the league. It's a lot easier said than done.