Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Possibly underestimated our chances of going down. No tactics, lucky last season, signings which are OK but may not meaningfully improve our stats. ASM being a known quantity. Can see it getting a bit grim.

Ah, hang on, this must be why Bruce stuck him in an orthodox left-wing position today. Mix it up a bit, keep the opposition guessing.

Problem is you can’t become a hoof team one week and a passing team the next. We just don’t know how to play with the ball.

Weird how Brighton managed it when Potter took over.

Irony of course being that the system Brighton play is similar to the one Bruce inherited (3-4-3, two ball playing defenders, two sitting midfielders, two wing-backs and three forwards), that was preventing Bruce from playing the nice, attractive, attacking football he wants us to play.

I said in the match thread, he said he played that system last week to match West Ham’s physical approach. This week we played a technical team whose best player was a nippy right wing-back. Even if we’d been shite, if he’d countered that with Almiron in place of Carroll from the start, his pace and work rate might have helped to nullify that. The commentator seemed surprised when in the second-half there was a moment Almiron did exactly that.

I know some people don’t like him but I reckon Eddie Howe would get a tune out of this squad. I don’t think he’d be unrealistic for a Mike Ashley Newcastle either given he’d have two of his best players from Bournemouth here to work with.

Howe would definitely get us playing football, his stock has gone down a bit due to some weird signings and lack of progress at Bournemouth. Still would be light years ahead of the local messiah though.

The real baffling thing is that Brighton did the same down our left hand side up here last season. If ASM wasn’t fully fit it was a good game to rest him and play Almiron. Bruce would have got pelters for it but it would have made sense.

Really poor tactically today.

Needs binning but who the fuck would take this job atm who's any good? We have a canny squad with a garbage manager.

Eddie Howe was mentioned, I don’t think he’s the answer but I’d definitely take him.

Better option than Bruce but nah, not the answer imo. No idea who is.

Whoever comes to work under (not just Mike Ashley, but a) Mike Ashley who is desperate to leave the club, can only - by default - be a grateful shithead like Bruce. So I would say that switching the manager at this point would be a pointless exercise, especially given that we'll be nowhere near the relegation zone by May.

Whoever comes to work under (not just Mike Ashley, but a) Mike Ashley who is desperate to leave the club, can only - by default - be a grateful shithead like Bruce. So I would say that switching the manager at this point would be a pointless exercise, especially given that we'll be nowhere near the relegation zone by May.

Mmmmmmm ....... think so?

Oh thank fuck.  That it explains everything.  Stupid me!

Mountains?!!  People go climb mountains every fucking weekend.  Some of them are pretty big fuckers as well.  Difference is they go climbing having studied the fuck mound of rock, have a plan and are properly equipped. 

I've been quite indifferent about this season since the takeover went into life support mode but today he's really fucking pissed me off.

You basically have two options, an old has been desperate for a pay day (bruce), or a young manager unproven and willing to work under his shit restrictions but might produce good football. He won't ever go for the second one

Because that would need a DOF who actually knows the game.

Aye, I reckon we'll be several points clear, as we were last time. West Brom, Fulham, Villa, Burnley, Leeds and West Ham will all finish below us imo - maybe even someone like Sheffield United too. Possibly even Brighton themselves. We'll shit our way to lower-mid-table like we did last year thanks to the talent in the squad.

Aye, I reckon we'll be several points clear, as we were last time. West Brom, Fulham, Villa, Burnley, Leeds and West Ham will all finish below us imo - maybe even someone like Sheffield United too. Possibly even Brighton themselves. We'll shit our way to lower-mid-table like we did last year thanks to the talent in the squad.

Agree. Bruce will revert to ultra defence, and we'll pick up enough wins to stay clear just about. Wilson, Carroll and Gayle when he's fit should be good for getting the odd winner now and then.

Feels very similar to the pardew years and one frustrating thing in particular...i remember feeling most weeks that we had a better line up available especially in attack (not sure but often not playing the potentially good combo of cisse, ba, ben arfa etc. )Going into this season you think yeah asm/wilson/almiron/fraser - but got that same depressed feeling that those players wont line up especially almiron