Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I don't think he's immune to the sack. If we're stuck in the bottom three and don't look like improving I think Ashley will pull rank and get rid. I do think he wants shot of the club and he'll know he'll not get anywhere £350m if we're in the Championship.

The issue is when he does it and who he replaces him with. McClaren was binned far too late - and they had Benitez there wanting the job.

If Ashley is still as much of a sly cunt as we've always thought he is, he should be telling Charnley to start sounding out possible replacements (obviously people who aren't currently managing) now.

He'll be checking to see who PIF want surely? :lol:

Pair Hendrick with Hayden and play them deeper.  Go 4231 or 424.  Let Almiron be the creator.  He can drift to the center in the 424 and let Lewis  overlap down the left.  Or play Almiron in the hole with ASM on the left and Fraser on the right.  ASM and Lewis worked well together.  Have Fraser play wider and Manquillo overlap less.  Hayden stays deeper and so does Hendrick but let Hendrick time some late runs to the box.

No doubt after the West Ham win Bruce must have thought he had cracked it and stumbled across a winning formula with our new signings and 'new' 4-4-2 formation. He probably told the players before KO yesterday "same again" and the performance & result would take care of itself and nobody could stop our threat of Carroll winning knock downs for Wilson with ASM doing fancy tricks.

And then just like that, after 10 mins, he must have been completely nonplussed at the fact Potter & Brighton had more than likely studied our game v. West Ham and spent all week in training how to nullify & exploit us.

So, basically he states that the game was lost after the first goal... 🙃 Yeah, that‘s exactly what he‘s like

The game was lost when ASM decided he wasn't going to win us the free-kicks that were central to Steve's plan, is what he's saying.

That‘s even worse! 😔

Pair Hendrick with Hayden and play them deeper.  Go 4231 or 424.  Let Almiron be the creator.  He can drift to the center in the 424 and let Lewis  overlap down the left.  Or play Almiron in the hole with ASM on the left and Fraser on the right.  ASM and Lewis worked well together.  Have Fraser play wider and Manquillo overlap less.  Hayden stays deeper and so does Hendrick but let Hendrick time some late runs to the box.

I think the problems run deeper than just juggling midfielders around, there's a problem even getting the ball out from the back as we seem to have lost any sense of shape or direction. Rafa was slowly changing this by bringing in ball playing defenders, but Bruce has quickly turfed them out and has built a forward line up which invites hoofing forward anyway.

No doubt after the West Ham win Bruce must have thought he had cracked it and stumbled across a winning formula with our new signings and 'new' 4-4-2 formation. He probably told the players before KO yesterday "same again" and the performance & result would take care of itself and nobody could stop our threat of Carroll winning knock downs for Wilson with ASM doing fancy tricks.

And then just like that, after 10 mins, he must have been completely nonplussed at the fact Potter & Brighton had more than likely studied our game v. West Ham and spent all week in training how to nullify & exploit us.

I actually think Potter and his staff turned on last week's game of ours and laughed maniacally at two completely out of touch managers battling over who could play higher balls and win the most set pieces.

He didn't have to plan anything for us. He has a system that plays 3 centre-backs and so knew Carroll wouldn't do anything.

His front three stay close together high up the pitch (which Bruce couldn't manage all of last season playing 'Rafa's formation') and so he knew they would annihilate our two centre backs.

And finally his two wingbacks also stay very wide and get forward also, and he knew this would put our full backs under immense pressure, as they would continuously be caught trying to help the centre backs or defend wide.

It was a walk in the park for Brighton that required no effort at all.

I actually think Potter and his staff turned on last week's game of ours and laughed maniacally at two completely out of touch managers battling over who could play higher balls and win the most set pieces.

He didn't have to plan anything for us. He has a system that plays 3 centre-backs and so knew Carroll wouldn't do anything.

His front three stay close together high up the pitch (which Bruce couldn't manage all of last season playing 'Rafa's formation') and so he knew they would annihilate our two centre backs.

And finally his two wingbacks also stay very wide and get forward also, and he knew this would put our full backs under immense pressure, as they would continuously be caught trying to help the centre backs or defend wide.

What do you make of that young lad White at the back for Brighton who was at Leeds last season? Jamie Redknapp was bigging him up but he's a well paid arselicker. He had fuckall to do yesterday mind.

Kudos to Brighton for exploiting those well hidden spaces on both flanks and in the 25 metre gap between our midfield and defense. They didn't even flinch by our no-pressure-tactic. We were truly outfoxed. How they figured us out, I guess we'll never know.

Oh well, back to the basics. I'm still shocked at what I saw yesterday. The entire world figured out how to deal with that kind of football in 1989.

What do you make of that young lad White at the back for Brighton who was at Leeds last season? Jamie Redknapp was bigging him up but he's a well paid arselicker. He had fuckall to do yesterday mind.

I haven't seen too much of Ben White, but in the lead up to the Chelsea game they showed some film of him last season at Leeds, and the hype around him seems to be mostly centred around a pretty impressive range of passing that he has. He seemed to play a huge part in initiating loads of Leeds build up play from the back. I assume he's also a solid defender.

Watching Lascelles and Fernandez be so fearful to play the simplest of passes into our midfield all game yesterday, and instead constantly go sideways and backwards, it sure would be nice to have a centre back that can pass out from the back. Bruce doesn't prioritise that though, and is happy for them to just blast the ball forward time and time again after at least 5 mins of sideways and back passes.

I haven't seen too much of Ben White, but in the lead up to the Chelsea game they showed some film of him last season at Leeds, and the hype around him seems to be mostly centred around a pretty impressive range of passing that he has. He seemed to play a huge part in initiating loads of Leeds build up play from the back. I assume he's also a solid defender.

Watching Lascelles and Fernandez be so fearful to play the simplest of passes into our midfield all game yesterday, and instead constantly go sideways and backwards, it sure would be nice to have a centre back that can pass out from the back. Bruce doesn't prioritise that though, and is happy for them to just blast the ball forward time and time again after at least 5 mins of sideways and back passes.

Lejuene was the best passer amongst our CBs. No idea if he's the same player or not after his two horror injuries. If he's anywhere near as good as he was before the second injury then hoepfully Alaves don't have an option to make it a permanent deal and we can bring him back.

After hearing him blame the 3-4-2-1 formation (which was Rafa's apparently), for all of our dull performances the majority of last season, it was funny and somewhat satisfying seeing Potter and Brighton rock up and use the very same formation, but coached well, to deliver a dynamic attacking performance that completely destroyed us on the day.

Are they any high-level clubs currently lining up in a 4-4-2 with any success?

More or less all top clubs in modern football play with dynamic formations, making it easy to shift pressure, attack different areas and adapt as the game progresses. Atletico and other clubs might start with a 4-4-2 on paper, but it's definitely not the same as that shockingly outdated sh*** we saw yesterday.

Just watched his interview on the official website, when asked how the team that 'performed so well' last week played so poorly this week, he replied with 'it's football'.

:)

The richest league in the world ladies and gentlemen, and this shit is still being tolerated. Astonishing.

Hoping Bruce comes out as an anti masker pro brexit cunt so I'm justified in hunting him down like the dog he is.

Back to basics?What is basics because all i see is us getting the ball and hoofing it up the field as quick as possible. I wish our so called journalists would ask him what he means by this. Honestly junior teams can at least try to play better football and he can have no complaints with the best options we have had in a long time