Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Amongst the many questions never asked of these baseless defences of Bruce

If Bruce's former club can beat Arsenal 3-0 and Liverpool 7-2 in their 2nd season back in the Premier League, how come Bruce's current club in their 4th season in the Premier League can't manage that many shots against anybody and can only dream of doing the same.

I'm sure, as ever, it will be something to do with expectation of fans to which I'd like also to ask 'how does expectation of fans make a team play so negatively and be so distinctly second best in most games?' telekenetic powers presumably.

Exactly, the fans aren't even allowed at games so he'd be fecked if they were and vented their dismay

You're right Ashley is the problem but any half decent manager would have us playing much better football with the squad Bruce has. We could be looking at a top half finish, so there's no excusing Bruce either

I don't care about a top half finish though. I want my football club back  :lol:

Yeah me too, but when Rafa was managing us I tolerated Ashley a lot more than I do now. If Ashley had of gave Rafa the money he gave Bruce for transfers we'd be in a lot better position now and Ashley would just be in the background.

Ashley wouldn't give Rafa the money or tools needed, that's the point. No desire to compete or improve.

Lets say we get rid of Bruce and get someone a bit better. Ashley will just hamstring them like he did with Rafa anyway.

We will never consistently strive to improve under Ashley, so it's pointless talking as if we can.

Yeah I get what you're saying and you're right. I'm just saying if Ashley had of hung onto Rafa maybe now we'd be happy where we are and Ashley would just be in the background and we would be seeing the club growing again. But yeah Ashley's the problem coz hw just keeps making stupid decisions. I can't watch another match whilst Bruce is in charge though so can't wait till they're both gone

Got to the stage now where I don't think it's worth getting bothered about media support for Bruce, he's not getting sacked by Ashley, and the football will remain awful while he's here. The only end to this will be if we get taken over, then he'll be turfed out pretty quick I imagine. The club as it is, is an embarrassment, and he's the perfect manager to reflect it. Couldn't think of a more pathetic figure to showcase it.

It’s extremely rare for pundits to criticise any manager seriously. People like Sutton exist to wind up fans and generate calls and tweets. Their opinion on the merits of a manage is worthless.

I’ve watched a lot of Newcastle and I’m very confident that Steve Bruce is shite.

Wish I knew what TV companies look for when they decide they want to bring in a new pundit.

Not a lot. As long as they've played professionally they are seemed as the oracle.

Lawro is the absolute worst, talks like he knows everything and is never wrong. Yet if he managed 10 games in the PL he would lose each one heavily.