Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Can definitely see him deliberately going all out attack v city, getting destroyed and using it to say i told you/justify his pathetic tactics

Will go as well as when Pardew did it at, IIRC, Spurs.

Football is supposed to be an escape, in 2020 we’ve needed that more than anything, this buttery mess has done his absolute utmost to ensure the escape has been as bleak as regular reality.

I don't think even Shearer will dig Bruce out, he'll be honest to a point, but I imagine most pundits will be blaming the players, not mentioning the fact the same players were insurmounably better under the previous manager and they've lost their way due to lack of coaching.

Fwiw Pardew is Klopp compared to this cabbage.

It’s very rare any manager gets seriously criticised by pundits.

Rafa did, we were boring and defensive under him according to them, directly his fault.

Yet Bruce, oh no that's not his fault......it's infuriating how they treat us.

Carlton Cole the next 1 to come out on talksport and say we're wrong to criticise Steve Bruce.

Who on earth do these pundits think they are? Telling us what we should and should not be happy about.

For such a small club (like we keep being told) every man and his dog loves to get his opinion in about us. Didn't think small clubs would generate that much interest mind...

Carlton Cole :lol::lol:

Would loved to have called in and asked him if Sharron Elkabas put him up to it

https://mn2s.com/booking-agency/talent-roster/carlton-cole/

https://mn2s.com/booking-agency/talent-roster/steve-bruce/

Carlton Cole the next 1 to come out on talksport and say we're wrong to criticise Steve Bruce.

Who on earth do these pundits think they are? Telling us what we should and should not be happy about.

For such a small club (like we keep being told) every man and his dog loves to get his opinion in about us. Didn't think small clubs would generate that much interest mind...

Carlton Cole :lol::lol:

Would loved to have called in and asked him if Sharron Elkabas put him up to it

https://mn2s.com/booking-agency/talent-roster/carlton-cole/

https://mn2s.com/booking-agency/talent-roster/steve-bruce/

:lol:

Arseholes.

:lol: f***s sake.

Good find.

It was just a hunch. Remember Rio on BT Sport defending Ashley to the hilt. All linked with Keith Bishop.

Once you know how they operate you never take anything in the media at face value.

Such a scummy move!

It's vehemently frustrating, like. We've been utter shit for a season and a half under him with a handful of minor exceptions. Pundits and the media barely watch us, Sir Les albeit we love him, showed us this pre Leeds. They just look at the league table, look at results at FT and think he's doing a 'good job' as a result*. This is then contradicted by the opinions at HT and FT of utter shitshows we serve up where the team and individuals are blamed but Bruce isn't. It's Almiron being inconsistent and not scoring for ages, it's Joelinton not being good enough, it's Maxi being erratic and it's our back 4 being unorganised. Bruce is somehow absolved of this despite picking underperfomers week in week out, our good defensive organisation that was seen under Benitez and at some times last season has evaporated, the central midfielders coming deep for the ball and therefore having no options ahead of them which leads to a quick turnover of possession. Bruce just can do no wrong in their eyes because he's their mate, he's one of the lads, he's good craic and he's English which plays into the jingoistic bollocks of a lot of ex players.

*I want to build on this point. What is a 'good job'? Midtable again, in spite of not even progression being shown, only regression? This just fuels the fire of my hatred for the elitism in English football, the top 6 status quo. A good job for Newcastle is midtable, yeah their fans want to see more? Pfft, you can't touch the Man Utds, Man Citys, Chelseas of this world, be happy because you're where you belong. Just fucking fuck off you cunts. I digress, anyway:

Benitez was the antithesis of Bruce. He was a foreign manager, had a lot of success both in this country and abroad, has had the love of 4 huge different fanbases. Yet the football had the reputation of being dour, defensive stuff which a fair few morons in our fanbase bought into. The Man City home game almost 3 years ago to the day when we were a newly promoted side brought this nonsensical reputation to Rafa's Newcastle; a team that's happy to have <30% possession so long as we could keep the score down. Think back to the media reaction that night, Neville's commentary, interviewers' questions. We almost snuck a result and would've ended a Man City's side's 17 game winning run, a side that would go on to get 100 points. We lost 0-1 yet were a newly promoted team with next to no investment in the playing staff but that label stuck. I guarantee that Bruce would've gotten credit that night if we was in charge of us, or of Sheff Wed or Hull. Thing is, he probably wouldn't have had the know how to.

And it seems that we're stuck with him. We can't voice how much we fucking despise him, we don't even know if getting rid would even be the right thing to do due to choices out there and this takeover stuff. Bearing in mind, I don't believe it for a second. Either way its a rancid fucking cycle and I'm sick of it.

Cracking post, I still remember the mauling Rafa got off the pundits for his tactics against Man City and yet every team copied him after that and they got praised for being "organised ".

I'm convinced this weekend is the turning point Pep needs a big win to kick start his season, some pundits will try and compare it to Southampton against Leicester last season but IMO it's the beginning of the end for him.

Saw this on an official Newcastle post on Facebook too :lol: :

Bruce's 12 excuses of Christmas:

12 weeks of fixtures.

11 tired players.

10 in defence.

9 silly mistakes.

8 players injured.

7 cases of covid.

6 days til new year.

5 weather problems.

4 forward passes.

3 unlucky decisions.

2 lazy midfielders.

And a cabbage face without a bloody clue!

Bruce:

"My motto is quite simple and you have to get back on the training ground and do what you do.

"You need to get a response.

"It is sometimes the most difficult part but you have to lift them up and get ready for it."

"It's a difficult challenge as it is, we're playing one of the best teams in the world - let's be brutally honest.

"We have to make sure we treat it well and get over the disappointment of Tuesday, let's roll our sleeves up and show what we're made of.”