Joelinton

Stifler

1 minute ago, nufcjb said:

Willock's form has gotten worse.

Willock is playing out of position, he's not a central midfielder. He needs to be further forward.

If there's no room for him further forward, he needs dropping.

I'd be tempted to put Joe in with Shelvey and play Willock as an attacking midfielder.

58 minutes ago, Palestoon said:

really good performance again. still feel like he lacks confidence in his decision making. I think if howe can give him the direction to be more decisive, he can take another step forward

I think a lot of our attacking players will be guilty of over thinking things at the moment, particularly whilst they've been chasing a first win. Hopefully if we can get a couple more wins the players will relax (in the right manner) and the belief will see them improve.

Another hard working performance, he's got some Zidane like skills in midfield, although he's quite useless the minute we get to the final third, what i find funny is that out of all the midfield/forward player we've had today he looks like the best tackler, made some excellent interceptions. maybe he's a defensive midfielder after all? :lol:

I can’t believe the quick turnaround from him with The new coaching team. Love it. He’s giving 100% every minute. Makes mistakes but keeps going. His pass to Miggy for his shot that was blocked was class too. 

3 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I can’t believe the quick turnaround from him with The new coaching team. Love it. He’s giving 100% every minute. Makes mistakes but keeps going. His pass to Miggy for his shot that was blocked was class too. 

Goes to show how much different training methods, tactics and mindsets affects individuals and the team as a whole. Another in a very long list of examples across football that the "Dont do tactics" and "Passion and effort" lot chat utter horseshit. 

Showing some great passion and fight, really shows what having some confidence and belief can do. Looks like a player with skill when not playing upfront on his own. Who would have thought one of the biggest improvements in the Premier league never mind the toon. 

1 hour ago, Dr Venkman said:

Has he got a song yet?

1 hour ago, JonBez comesock said:

Done ok , wears slippers 

can’t keep his feet 

works his tits off 

we need better 

Closer to a haiku than a song, but points for the effort.

31 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Goes to show how much different training methods, tactics and mindsets affects individuals and the team as a whole. Another in a very long list of examples across football that the "Dont do tactics" and "Passion and effort" lot chat utter horseshit. 

Clarity of role, and confidence provided by an inspirational manager can make a massive difference. We've seen it already in Joe, Shelvey (although I remain to be convinced) and Lewis. I think we will see improvements in Almiron as well in the coming months. These are not world beaters by any means, but they have ability and can hurt teams if they are coached and encouraged properly.