Joelinton

Stifler

What a man. Tearing about like a lunatic. Wouldn’t be surprised if he had the most successful duels on our team. Seemed to win it back no end of times in 50/50’s. Still not great when he gets in the final third. But an amazing shift from him. MOTM by some distance, I thought. 

I feel like he’s actually better suited to a sort of Fred role than he is playing upfront.  But even so the best stuff from him the last few games has been effort, pressing, winning the ball back, getting involved. His use of the ball has been on average poor to alright. I am pleased to see him putting in performances like tonight and Brentford but equally I would prefer having enough good footballers that I never had to see him. That being said he deserves credit for the shifts put in since Howe took over. 

Great shift tonight. He’s been easily our best player against Brentford and Norwich.

He was absolutely hopeless at Arsenal, where every second touch was a tackle and nothing stuck. Wasn’t the only one though. 

Just need him to progress from a forward who is effective in mainly non threatening positions for a shite team vs shite opposition. 

Thats where we are at right now. 

He’s clearly not a centre-forward, he was great on the right and even better in central-midfield and he cleared so many balls when in our own box or half, and he held it up superbly. That was the best I’ve seen him play and he seems to be responding well to whatever instructions and coaching Howe and his team are instilling in him. Let’s hope he can keep it up.

He is much improved in his new position and in the two games arguably one of our best players 

But….and a big but ……he can’t keep his feet and slips over at crucial parts of the game , gets the ball tangled up in his feet a lot , he very rarely hits the target and his crossing is woeful 

Don’t get me wrong , his work rate has been outstanding , and he is definitely improving , I just think we need better and should be replaced in January 

I don’t think many other teams in the premier league would start him or would get enough from him to make it worthwhile 

Cant fault his effort last night though , outstanding work rate and commitment.

3 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

He is much improved in his new position and in the two games arguably one of our best players 

But….and a big but ……he can’t keep his feet and slips over at crucial parts of the game , gets the ball tangled up in his feet a lot , he very rarely hits the target and his crossing is woeful 

Don’t get me wrong , his work rate has been outstanding , and he is definitely improving , I just think we need better and should be replaced in January 

I don’t think many other teams in the premier league would start him or would get enough from him to make it worthwhile 

Cant fault his effort last night though , outstanding work rate and commitment.

I think if he consistently performed how he did against brentford and Norwich, a lot of teams in the prem would start him.

Considering he's been our best player in 2 of our last 3 games I would prefer to replace other positions before him.

Just now, Joey47 said:

I think if he consistently performed how he did against brentford and Norwich, a lot of teams in the prem would start him.

Considering he's been our best player in 2 of our last 3 games I would prefer to replace other positions before him.

I hear what you are saying but I think he hasn’t got that extra something to be a premier league player 

He has a fantastic attitude/ work rate and a nice touch at times , he is also a very good team player (can hold a ball up as well)

However he seems to have the knack off over hitting and under hitting passes , slips over all the time , lacks that extra burst of pace , doesn’t score anywhere near enough goals and doesn’t get many assists.

I do agree though he has been great lately at doing the dirty work.

Loves to try a shot doesn't he? Love that. Some will be shy to even try, even the likes of ASM and Miggy. Training vids too show him having a try at goal often. Was knackered by the end but MOTM performance.