Joelinton

Stifler

Still can't get over this guys continued brilliance.

The level of sadness I felt for this guy under Bruce getting abuse while toiling upfront with everyone else deep in our box defending.

I would watch over his Hoffenheim clips and see glimpses of the intimidating dominating player he now is every single time out for us, and it frustrated me no end, because I knew Bruce was culpable.

My delight for him is immeasurable.

Was he not playing as a wing-forward rather than midfield? Or rotating a bit with Willock? He played there a fair bit under Bruce and was his preferred role at Hoffenheim I believe. Either way the change is ridiculous whatever the position. Crazy how easy he makes physically dominating other players and winning the ball cleanly. 

Just can’t even grasp how fucking good he is. He literally can blanket an entire 1/3 or 1/2 of a pitch with the amount of grass he covers and his work rate and engine are superb. He interchanges with Willock throughout the match, his close control, one touch passing, pressing and counter pressing are just unreal. 

18 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Just can’t even grasp how fucking good he is. He literally can blanket an entire 1/3 or 1/2 of a pitch with the amount of grass he covers and his work rate and engine are superb. He interchanges with Willock throughout the match, his close control, one touch passing, pressing and counter pressing are just unreal. 

The interchanges between him and Willock were incredible to watch. Leicester just didn't know how to deal with it. Bruno probably the best player on the pitch for me as he just totally controlled the game but Willock/Joelinton were a joy to watch. And you're right, the amount of ground they can cover is unbelieveable. Just pure athletes.

Edited by Wallsendmag

On 24/02/2020 at 08:25, mrmojorisin75 said:

See what's funny about Joelinton to me is that it's obvious we need to do and we kind of have the players to do it, but Bruce is a fucking dinosaur and has no idea.

Anyone see Watford today? Joelinton should be playing the role they played Doucoure in, deep 9 or 10 harrying the midfielders/cbs of the other team. ASM & Almiron should be playing high and a bit narrower like the Liverpool front 3 to be able to break effectively when we win it.

We need to press higher and more aggressively to get our attackers in better areas. It's so fucking obvious.

That, however, would require Bruce to stop picking the worst ball playing CBS and work out how to get the best from Longstaff again, which is impossible.

Being wired from the match and having nowt to do on my lunch break, I started reading some of the old Joelinton comments.  This one is a peach - how unnervingly perceptive is this?  As in every line of it.  I'm convinced Howe must have used this in his famous interview presentation

Edited by TheBrownBottle

39 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Simply put, he is now looking like a bargain at the price we paid.

He's up to €32M on Transfermarkt.co.uk. Another half season like the last and he'll be easy up to €40M.

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Being wired from the match and having nowt to do on my lunch break, I started reading some of the old Joelinton comments.  This one is a peach - how unnervingly perceptive is this?  As in every line of it.  I'm convinced Howe must have used this in his famous interview presentation

That’s insane observation ?

He's been brilliant but i must admit at some point yesterday i was thinking i'd rather have him in midfield rather than a more attacking position considering his usual end product, but fair play for him for the assist and the goal, he has everything except that final third output so if he can repeat what he did yesterday he'll be playing for the Brazilian team very soon.

What a player this lad has turned out to be, just shows the scouting was correct he just needed the coaching. Brucey set the poor lad back but now he's showing what he can do, number 1 on the teamsheet for me these days. Beast!

Edited by adamjk007