Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Just now, WillingtonMag said:

Eh ?

He did not put a foot wrong in our half.  No silly dribbling in dangerous areas, no weak pass attempts.  He did what he could with the ball and so yeah, like not his most electric performance but one for the team.

Just now, David Edgar said:

He did not put a foot wrong in our half.  No silly dribbling in dangerous areas, no weak pass attempts.  He did what he could with the ball and so yeah, like not his most electric performance but one for the team.

He sauntered about most of the second half ?

1 minute ago, David Edgar said:

Think he was poor today mind but not really bothered to argue after the win.

cant fault him from an attacking stand point today, whenever he touches the ball, there are 3 opposition players surrounding him. Cant expect him to beat all three every time. We really need another attacking threat to take the attention off him.

defensively i usally give him a pass. I Dont think a lot of people realize how much those explosive runs take out of him, but today his work rate off the ball was especially bad. Seems to be a problem late in games when we're ahead when teams push their fullbacks forward. their were a couple of situations today in the second half where cash ghosted into the final third completely umarked, with ASM standing at the halfway line with no interest in getting back.

their have been situations where i hoped howe would take him off for miggy/murphy to see out games but it seems like Howe prefers to keep him on as a counter threat when the game gets stretched which is understandable. If we want to maintain that threat, i think a better alternative would be to take wood off, move ASM up front and bring on a wide player to maintain our shape down the left

I think he could learn to be a bit more patient and perhaps not get drawn into congested areas so much in search of the ball. 

Not that he's not good enough to receive the ball in those positions, he clearly is, but I'd just like to see him hugging the touchline a tiny bit more and increasing his chances of getting into more 1 on 1 scenarios where he's absolutely lethal. 

Some of you are wild. It was far from his best game but he did what he needed to help us get three points. Hopefully Target coming back in helps him a bit.

Just a enjoy three wins in a row ffs :lol:

Edited by Ameritoon

I sometimes find myself screaming at him but in the end I always forgive him because he's class.

We are a better team with him, in spite of the odd tantrum/laziness/greediness.

Opposition teams fucking hate playing against him.

Not his best game for us, but after the effort he put in against Everton, maybe it was to be expected, I think games like yesterday do show the importance that a more defensive player Target at LB is to ASM and his game, as well as Manquillo did deputising. 

I wasn’t happy with some of his failure to track back in the second half mind, if I’m a team-mate I’d be pissed off seeing him not even move or attempt to get back, injured or not. There is no excuse for not working hard, off the ball especially. It’s the basics of the game, the fundamentals of team spirit and togetherness and the core of a good attitude even when things aren’t going well, you’re under performing, not in the game or are even frustrated. I say this with the knowledge that with a talent like his, he has to always do more, and needs to. If he does or can, that’s what will elevate him into more than just a good player or a top player on his day, but a great player.