Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Got a bit of space to run into and looked back to his old self. 

Felt he could have gone down the outside a

bit more. He’s that fast and good. He’s have enough time to beat his man on the left and still cut back in on his right. Pretty much always gets crowded out when he drifts too far inside. 

Poor for an hour or so. Then he was really threatening when we got to play on the counter. 

I thought he was poor tonight but worked much harder for the team.

Did brilliantly in the build up to the pen but other than that his decision making and end product was poor. He'll play himself back in to form soon.

Just glad he really put a shift in for the boys because that isn't always the case.

Not his night, did a lot of good running with the ball but his couple of shots and his passing in and around the box was really poor apart from that one pass across the face of goal which would have been great if we had a mobile striker 

Poor first half but started to come out of his funk in the 2nd, that backheel for the counter attack started the goal. Just frustrating because for whatever reason he's nowhere near his best, whatever it is I hope he's over it sooner rather than later. Getting harder to defend him, but he has enough credit in the bank for us not to be calling for his head yet.

Some early over-reactions to his somewhat frustrating performance, but he never stopped trying and his little touch was probably the difference between winning and drawing. Delighted for him because I think nobody gets more frustrated by his lack of success than him.

Wouldn't entertain the idea of getting rid of him, but I would consider bringing in a more rounded player with a bigger reputation, and force him to fight for his place. 

No doubt he’s been poor / unfit for the last few weeks but I’m hoping once we are mathematically safe he can be rested for next season. Would love to see him after a full Howe led pre-season with an improved squad around him, which may help remove some of the pressure. 

If he had more than only a couple of brain cells he'd be a lot more consistent. Decision making is absolutely pish so much of the time. Tonight he was about 25% sublime 75% ridiculous. 

Guest HTT II

I can’t be arsed with him tbh now, one outstanding world-class game in ten, several meh games and several fuck off games. If we can upgrade, let’s do so. One point in the game he lost the ball, stops tracking back, they run forward and get a cross in and he’s hands on hips on the half way line. I love the talent, not the attitude and it’s not because he’s lazy it’s because he has no conviction in himself and desire and cops out easily, compare that attitude to say Ronaldo who may be selfish, but you can’t deny his work ethic, desire and want to keep going even if individually.

9 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

If he had more than only a couple of brain cells he'd be a lot more consistent. Decision making is absolutely pish so much of the time. Tonight he was about 25% sublime 75% ridiculous. 

Half a brain and he'd be dangerous

That one pass he did to the corner flag when all he needed to do was cushion it along the floor was ridiculous like, was the easiest pass in the world to make and he wasn’t under pressure 

Just now, Colos Short and Curlies said:

He's overthinking things at the moment. Almost like the pressure has got to him in being a cog and not the whole machine

Aye he’s snatching at his chances although I thought Wolves managed him well tonight. Jonny is a good defensive FB.

Just now, Colos Short and Curlies said:

He's overthinking things at the moment. Almost like the pressure has got to him in being a cog and not the whole machine

gotta take lessons from Zaha for instance. Doesn’t get as many touches as he used to get but is in double figures for goals.