Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

He was much worse when he moved out left from up front.

I didn't hate his performance as much as many others apparently did, for what it's worth. I thought he was trying to put in a decent shift in the first half. He was pressing and things. But there was no sense that he was going to inspire the team to something more.

19 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Hes definately limited by the teammates alongside him - hopefully wilson coming back and being a bit more mobile than Wood will help his form.

Obviously in the summer he'll have someone like Paqueta to feed off and even better forwards up with him.

But does limited teammates make you run into blind alleys, choose not to pass to someone in space and instead run into traffic or take dragged shot?

7 minutes ago, SAK said:

But does limited teammates make you run into blind alleys, choose not to pass to someone in space and instead run into traffic or take dragged shot?

Of course not, but he does a lot more in addition to that.

ASM is fine for the time being. Our attack needs a complete overhaul as it is. Gayle needs to go while Wood, Fraser, Almiron and Murphy all need to be moved down the pecking order.

As we progress as a team, he will need to improve or he'll be shipped out. Absolutely no one is offering North of £50 million at this moment in time.

He needs to start developing mentally and physically a plan B style of play because his old tricks aren't currently working. Would be then to his best benefit to mix it up.

It's like he's almost become too predictable to the opposition... and to us.

Edited by Amir_9

We don’t generally move the ball quickly as a team. I don’t mind that as it’s been safe and sound since November and it’s worked. Next season everyone needs to up their game and, in a team that passes and receives more quickly, ASM can flourish 

I think it’s a combination of things, he’s had an injury, lost confidence, he’s clearly trying to change his game up to pick out more passes, no doubt due to him finally receiving some decent coaching. He’s also gone from being the ‘saviour’ to the whole team being more effective as one. I don’t really know what the future holds for him, I’m a big fan and I hope we manage to get the best out of him but it’s just such a shame to see a player do the complicated things well at times but the simple things almost always poorly 

Its like weve got a world cup round the corner and a squad to decide on from quite a big pool of players.

ASM is getting the friendly time but he's not doing a Gazza against Czechoslovakia and making it impossible not to select him.  Quite the opposite.

I love the lad and you can’t doubt his talent, but…..he point blank refuses to tackle, since injury it’s easy to predict what he’s going to do and the opposition will always attack down his side as they know left backs likely to have no midfield cover. I’m starting to think he actually doesn’t fit into Eddies game plan.

39 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Its like weve got a world cup round the corner and a squad to decide on from quite a big pool of players.

ASM is getting the friendly time but he's not doing a Gazza against Czechoslovakia and making it impossible not to select him.  Quite the opposite.

Are Wood, Almiron, Fraser and Murphy getting in that team?

26 minutes ago, Consettmag said:

I love the lad and you can’t doubt his talent, but…..he point blank refuses to tackle, since injury it’s easy to predict what he’s going to do and the opposition will always attack down his side as they know left backs likely to have no midfield cover. I’m starting to think he actually doesn’t fit into Eddies game plan.

I have said this for a while, he either needs to be given a free role behind the striker or put on the bench, we look a far better balanced team when he doesn’t play, we were far more solid when Murphy was playing in place of him 

6 hours ago, kenlau88210 said:

Bruno and even Shelvey need players of higher caliber than him

Shelvey used to get visibly angry/frustrated with the lack of quality around him. It was what I disliked most about him. This cunt has a baby fit every time somebody fails to guess what he's going to do.

31 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

He’s so easy to defend because he wants to dribble all the time 

Yep, if he ran in behind, played an early ball or got a shot off, he'd actually make defenders think. Now the full back knows all they have to do is direct him into traffic.

I always felt sorry for him playing in a shit team and playing so defensive but his attitude and decision making just isn't good enough.

His passing is poor, his dribbling isn't great anymore and he can't shoot and on top of all that he doesn't work hard enough. 

He needs compition and become a impact subsitute until he ups his game if its possible.