Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Did the French have a much bigger provisional squad before the full one announced? Wonder if he was going to be in the wider squad but the french FA asked ours for medical update and they said he wasn't fit so he didn't make the cut of the extended squad. Footballers always think they are the best, and it may be obvious to everyone else he was never going to make the squad it may not be to him, and equally he may think he could have miraculously shrugged off injury also probably bollocks

4 minutes ago, Big River said:

did he mean he wanted to go the World Cup as a fan? :lol: cos that's the only way he'd be getting near the France squad

It's also the only way 'the club tried to stop me' makes sense as well. The club would have pretty much no power in any of it. 

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's also the only way 'the club tried to stop me' makes sense as well. The club would have pretty much no power in any of it. 

Maybe they had him arrested at the airport...:smugdog:

Unless he was pissed off that he had to go out to Saudi for training when he could have went to the World Cup to watch games? 

If so that's very unprofessional and you don't really want that in any team. 

But surely he could have done both anyway as the players were given time off? 

Very strange and doesn't make much sense. 

He really needs to impress in his next 4 or 5 games imo, his stock is falling. We all know what he's capable of but it just seems so inconsistent. If he plays like he did against Man City then you have a World class player, can he do that consistently now under Eddie? 

I'm really not so sure. 

Edited by Scotty66

Whether this is true or no, its got Ginola-Dalglish vibes about it.

Just not compatible with the managers style. Less game time. Games feeling like trials where breaking even wouldn't be enough.

5 minutes ago, Jonas said:

Whether this is true or no, its got Ginola-Dalglish vibes about it.

Just not compatible with the managers style. Less game time. Games feeling like trials where breaking even wouldn't be enough.

With Ginola was it not the Barce interest that turned his head.

10 minutes ago, Eveready said:

Confirms either those Whatsapp messages were bollocks or he left his phone in France then.

You can still use WhatsApp with a foreign number in the UK (as long as you registered it with it initially), even if the sim isn't physically in your phone or in the UK.

6 minutes ago, Amir_9 said:

You can still use WhatsApp with a foreign number in the UK (as long as you registered it with it initially), even if the sim isn't physically in your phone or in the UK.

Yes but someone dialled the number and got a French dial tone which only happens if your phone is physically in France as it's managed by the local network operator.

Edited by Eveready

Be disappointed if he is on the way out as he’s the most exciting player to watch - football is entertainment and he brings that. So I hope it’s all bollocks

Am utterly bemused by the fans who prefer to see Joelinton start at left forward than ASM (much as I like Joelinton) and I hope if he does leave he’s replaced by someone with a bit of flair