Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Thought he was really good today. Was getting a bit frustrated at the start he kept cutting back in when the space was to attack Dalot down the line but he grew and grew into the game

26 minutes ago, TRon said:

Don't know if Man U just handled him badly or he was just on it today, but he fully justified Howe's faith in him. I was a bit frustrated in the first half when he kept cutting inside, but he did start mixing it up better as the game went on.

He’s got Dalot’s number. Simple as that. 

AWB injured. A different game if he was fit. Oh well. 

He’s so close to being an amazing player. I do think there’s a decent chance he’ll be off this summer but if Howe can see enough from Maxi about wanting to make the right decisions and be coached then I could see him becoming a monster under Howe. If you look at what Howe can do with players who have nowhere near the natural talent of Maxi then it really comes down to Howe, his plans and Maxi’s commitment to developing under Eddie 

Thought he was overly unselfish today. Almost to the point I wanted him to have a pop. They had him doubled up alot.

It's still a concern having him and burn with pacey wingers but we have had just enough to make it work and ASM is making and effort to track back more.

Class assist and some other great chances created.

Played really well today, think he’s trying too much to be a team player and now overpassing when he could take on the defender and go for goal. Maxi needs to find the happy medium now. 

Cant ask anything of him more than he showed today. I just hope it isnt that typical one game against a top club and then he goes back to the shadows next 3-4 games. He needs to build on this game and keep it going mentally.

5 hours ago, Killuminati said:

Cant ask anything of him more than he showed today. I just hope it isnt that typical one game against a top club and then he goes back to the shadows next 3-4 games. He needs to build on this game and keep it going mentally.

He was poor against Forest but very good against Wolves, so he's had 2 out of 3 good games 

6 hours ago, Ketsbaia said:

Still my favourite player, still our most important one (in my opinion) so it was great to see him today. He had them terrified. 

Dont think he's our most player anymore, I think trippier deserves that, but Maxi is definitely the most exciting player we have, when he has the ball he can do just about anything at all. I still think as frustrating as he can be at times he's growing into his new role within the team more each week

Glad to see him consistently back in the team again, been a long time coming. Thought first half he was poor, didn’t seem to want to open up and sprint, he’s been like that for a few games now. Second half he came out much better showed some great turn of pace on the outside and showed glimpses again.  His header for the goal was fantastic btw wasn’t easy and put it on plate for Willock. 

Edited by Broadsword

Really good yesterday and well worth his start even after the drop off at Forest. Let’s hope he continues this improvement at West Ham. He has previously torn them apart at their ground so I’m looking for more of the same