Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

4 minutes ago, Smal said:

can we set a mission of not bumping his thread whenever we lose this season, do you reckon

Surprised it took this long after the final whistle to be honest. I’m going to bump the mitro thread to say we might have won tonight if we hadn’t sold him too.  

Just now, hakka said:

Although one of his most productive games last season was against City. Owned Walker.

That game was end to end stuff. City was quite deep and controlled in their approach this time.

Love Maxi to bits and will be one of my favourite Newcastle players for sure, however now that the dust has settled - you just know that our style of play has moved on and that he was terribly inconsistent with his injuries and form for us in recent times.  So I do not share the opinion that he would have absolutely made the difference today.

He was our absolute MVP during some dark days and did his best to adapt during the new era but ultimately was sold for reasons to benefit the club in the grand scheme of things. Sure others needed to leave before he did but those are deadweight that we were never going to get any value for. Like others said, it would be a good idea to not bump the thread every time we don't win a game..

Edited by Amir_9

Think it's perfectly valid to point out out his qualities as a player that we might miss against the top sides who are very organised and difficult to break down, something that's perhaps missing with Gordon, Almiron and Barnes as our wide options. 

18 minutes ago, Smal said:

can we set a mission of not bumping his thread whenever we lose this season, do you reckon

Don't worry. It'll be bumped every time Barnes makes an appearance as well, good or bad.

47 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Not bemoaning his sale but can't help but feel these are exactly the type of games he'd have thrived in and made a difference.

I mean...he did start in the 5-0 battering at the Etihad not too long ago :lol:

4 minutes ago, Aiston said:

I mean...he did start in the 5-0 battering at the Etihad not too long ago :lol:

Put it on a plate for Wood who missed the target at 0-0 as per in that game. :bluestar:

I do agree though. Didn't want Maxi sold in the slightest but I reckon I moved on as soon as Barnes come on and got a goal and assist in 20 minutes last week.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, aa5773 said:

I'm warming up to this guy. He's seem so genuine when interacting with fans. And he seem enjoying playing in our league unlike some other players.

Sounds like a decent atmosphere tbh.

14 hours ago, aa5773 said:

I'm warming up to this guy. He's seem so genuine when interacting with fans. And he seem enjoying playing in our league unlike some other players.

Shame we're gonna have to loan him back with a 2m obligation to buy tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...