Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Love Howe to bits and I’m the first to admit ASM infuriates me a lot of the time with his play and injury record but I feel as others have said in this thread that we need somebody on the left as miggy is getting doubled up on.

i think Sheff We’d will do that today as well so let’s see if they do and how we get on against it.

I guess it just speeds up what would have happened anyway. As much as we love him, you can’t plan offensive tactics with a player who doesn’t know what he’s going to do in any given second.

For his skill and ability, his end product is lacking. I had hoped that playing with better players and especially a better defence would give him a platform to really take it to teams but aside from that Man City match earlier in season, he’s been unable to dominate a game.

He’ll get a decent move on reputation but am guessing it’ll be from English teams. The big European sides won’t touch him.

1 minute ago, Scotty66 said:

Will be a huge miss if he doesn't play today. 

Really wanted to see him for the full 90.

If he has kicked off before this type of game then he's a bit of an idiot tbh! 

Depends. Could understand he’d be frustrated if he was told he’d start from the bench for example. He’s barely been used since returning to the squad after fitness issues, and given what he can bring to the team he’d quite rightly be expecting to play in a game like today’s to show what he can do and fight his way back into the first XI.

3 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Bit premature, just as my initial reaction the other way, which is that I’m seeing a parallel with how Ben Arfa was frozen out by the horrible cunt who happened to manage us at the time. Be a huge shame and a mark against Howe if he can’t manage to get a tune from someone so naturally gifted and who hasn’t been a bad apple before (quite the contrary here I’d say).

Or his injury record is a concern for Howe? You can’t put a mark against Howe as you don’t know everything what’s going on.

2 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I guess it just speeds up what would have happened anyway. As much as we love him, you can’t plan offensive tactics with a player who doesn’t know what he’s going to do in any given second.

For his skill and ability, his end product is lacking. I had hoped that playing with better players and especially a better defence would give him a platform to really take it to teams but aside from that Man City match earlier in season, he’s been unable to dominate a game.

He’ll get a decent move on reputation but am guessing it’ll be from English teams. The big European sides won’t touch him.

I feel isak will keep him out the team when everyone’s fit.

4 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Bit premature, just as my initial reaction the other way, which is that I’m seeing a parallel with how Ben Arfa was frozen out by the horrible cunt who happened to manage us at the time. Be a huge shame and a mark against Howe if he can’t manage to get a tune from someone so naturally gifted and who hasn’t been a bad apple before (quite the contrary here I’d say).

You’ve got to consider this alongside the injuries though he’s just become completely unreliable. The thought of watching Jacob Murphy doesn’t appeal to me, but you can’t have one of your big earners constantly unavailable for whatever reason.

Just now, Gawalls said:

Or his injury record is a concern for Howe? You can’t put a mark against Howe as you don’t know everything what’s going on.

So you’d start him and bring someone on if he can’t hack it physically or plays badly. He was our star performer until quite recently, and Howe should be trying to get the best out of him, especially on a day like today when there is an opportunity for him to play and for others to take a breather.

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

Depends. Could understand he’d be frustrated if he was told he’d start from the bench for example. He’s barely been used since returning to the squad after fitness issues, and given what he can bring to the team he’d quite rightly be expecting to play in a game like today’s to show what he can do and fight his way back into the first XI.

Hasn't been a bad apple ? Didn't he slag off his team mates saying he'd have as good stats as Mane if he had better team mates. Add that with not being an effective presser, just seemingly not wanting to do it.

Just now, Whitley mag said:

You’ve got to consider this alongside the injuries though he’s just become completely unreliable. The thought of watching Jacob Murphy doesn’t appeal to me, but you can’t have one of your big earners constantly unavailable for whatever reason.

Wilson is a injury worry whenever he steps on the pitch, yet he’s not frozen out, but carefully managed as he should be. You could point to Wood, but I’d suggest Willock on the left wing is not going to concern opposition managers either…

It’s impossible to speculate without context but if he has been left out because of a rift it’s just thoroughly disappointing. Unplayable on his day but struggled to adapt at times. Given we’re pushing for Europe he could be essential to us.

If it results in him moving I don’t think there’s many teams that would pay the money we could have got for him. 

Just now, Unbelievable said:

So you’d start him and bring someone on if he can’t hack it physically or plays badly. He was our star performer until quite recently, and Howe should be trying to get the best out of him, especially on a day like today when there is an opportunity for him to play and for others to take a breather.

I’m just saying I don’t know everything so I’m not gonna start saying things like “that’s a black Mark against howe” after what he’s achieved for us. As frustrating as the Leeds game was - in one year or so he’s taken a team that was below Leeds to such a level that they were terrified to do anything else but sit back and leave with a point.  I trust Howe and all of his decisions, warts and all.

4 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Yeah. Even on his worst day he gives about as much as your average Murphy performance. We all know that when Maxi’s on it, he’s unplayable.

Just now, Unbelievable said:

Wilson is a injury worry whenever he steps on the pitch, yet he’s not frozen out, but carefully managed as he should be. You could point to Wood, but I’d suggest Willock on the left wing is not going to concern opposition managers either…

St Max hasn’t been frozen out he’s been eased back for weeks on the bench. The trouble is Wilson is irreplaceable whereas we have coped adequately without St Max. 

2 minutes ago, LV said:

Yeah he’s done here if this is true. 

Sounds like the itk’s heard right and there has been a bust up if he’s not even in the squad 

??bye, bye. The last thing we need is a self centred disrupter with a fragile ego if true!