Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Patrick Viera must be an idiot not to see the potential in this lad.

Micah Richards said after the game that Vieira’s said he’s a great player but had doubts about his end product.

Is the end product thing not just a myth because hes flamboyant. I mean, how much end product did Viera expect at that age.

He should be kicking himself.

Fitness question marks mebs? Looking at the transfer window, no player like him has gone to any of the biggest clubs/biggest spenders. Only Chelsea but they had their targets set and wrapped up very early.

Guest Cheesy Beans

He’s still very hit and miss.

One week he’s unplayable, but too often has performances that are pretty crap to be considered a top 4 player imo.

One week he’s unplayable, but too often has performances that are pretty crap to be considered a top 4 player imo.

I disagree with this tbh. Whenever he’s been fit he’s usually been been good . Fitness is a worry though.

Pure bollocks. I can think of one bad game he has had. Every game he plays hes either our best player or one of our better players.

It just seems an easy thing to say about a flamboyant winger.

Pure bollocks. I can think of one bad game he has had. Every game he plays hes either our best player or one of our better players.

Yup, lazy analysis.

Yup, lazy analysis.

Yeah, very lazy analysis.

ASM or HBA?

HBA for me.

my kids have only seen HBA on youtube, and I'm always getting this question from them.

ASM more pace and (arguably) more end product now. surrounded by shit.

HBA was a fucking legend but also surrounded by a lot of quality.

so you have to say ASM shading it. but its all about opinions.

ASM or HBA?

HBA for me.

Ben Arfa is a more technically gifted player, but if they were both at their very best and surrounded by top players, I'd prefer to have ASM as his pace and power make him almost entirely unplayable.

ASM or HBA?

HBA for me.

my kids have only seen HBA on youtube, and I'm always getting this question from them.

I wouldnt say HBA was a legend like!

Ideally HBA's ability with ASM's attitude and graft would have been the perfect combo. Take nowt away from ASM as he's clearly the dogs bollocks, but I always thought HBA was a lot more enjoyable to watch when he was in full flow. More easier on the eye and that.

ASM or HBA?

HBA for me.

I wouldnt say HBA was a legend like!

Ideally HBA's ability with ASM's attitude and graft would have been the perfect combo. Take nowt away from ASM as he's clearly the dogs bollocks, but I always thought HBA was a lot more enjoyable to watch when he was in full flow. More easier on the eye and that.

nah, just personally for me. loved him.

Probably haven't seen enough of ASM to make a fair judgement but HBA basically had it all. He was a fantastic passer of the ball in addition to sharing all the abilities ASM appears to have. Both are shite at defending. There's not much in it.

Guest Cheesy Beans

Yup, lazy analysis.

I mean, read through this thread yourself and there are numerous examples of his poor games.

When I finish work I’ll drag them up.

Saint-Maximin is more likeable. Ben Arfa the more skilled, both had/have insane pace.

Neither cross the ball particularly well given how strong they are in other areas and neither like tracking back.

Laurent Robert had more end product than both put together.