Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Hatem was canny at crossing I thought? unless I'm misremembering, the Cabaye liverpool one, Cisse against Liverpool, I thought his crossing was pretty good.

He had a few decent ones but was never consistent. And overall I preferred Ginola but Robert’s end product can’t be questioned.

If he had the pace and dribbling ability of ASM or Ben Arfa I think you’d be looking at the complete forward player.

Saint-Maximin is more likeable. Ben Arfa the more skilled, both had/have insane pace.

Neither cross the ball particularly well given how strong they are in other areas and neither like tracking back.

Laurent Robert had more end product than both put together.

Was a decent cross Saturday by asm

Don’t think we know what ASM is capable of yet. We don’t know his ceiling because he’s literally improving and being more effective than any imagined. If he gets double digit assists or goals this season he’s a 50m+ player.

Don’t think we know what ASM is capable of yet. We don’t know his ceiling because he’s literally improving and being more effective than any imagined. If he gets double digit assists or goals this season he’s a 50m+ player.

He’s been excellent in our two wins this season. He’ll benefit from having Lewis as an outlet on the left when he does end up back on the wing and having Wilson to play off. He should be looking at 15-20 goals/assists combined.

He’s still very hit and miss.

One week he’s unplayable, but too often has performances that are pretty crap to be considered a top 4 player imo.

Pure bollocks. I can think of one bad game he has had. Every game he plays hes either our best player or one of our better players.

It just seems an easy thing to say about a flamboyant winger.

Yup, lazy analysis.

I mean, read through this thread yourself and there are numerous examples of his poor games.

When I finish work I’ll drag them up.

He's been brilliant for us in 2020

There was some crazy stat published in the Times today, in 15 months Bruce has won 15 matches and 14 of those Maximin started. Bruce is basically relying on St Max to win him games, without him he doesn't really have any idea.

There was some crazy stat published in the Times today, in 15 months Bruce has won 15 matches and 14 of those Maximin started. Bruce is basically relying on St Max to win him games, without him he doesn't really have any idea.

Well there it is in black and white. We're massively over-reliant on him.

Guest Cheesy Beans

One week he’s unplayable, but too often has performances that are pretty crap to be considered a top 4 player imo.

Pure bollocks. I can think of one bad game he has had. Every game he plays hes either our best player or one of our better players.

Yup, lazy analysis.

I mean, read through this thread yourself and there are numerous examples of his poor games.

By his own admission:

Also posts in this thread just before the Oxford (h) game where he was poor home and away against Chelsea.

He was dreadful this season against Brighton during his short cameo.

Arsenal away, Crystal Palace away he was quite poor.

As people have pointed out there’s a clear correlation between him underperforming and us not getting results. But to blindly say he’s a top 4 player and hasn’t been inconsistent at times is a load of bollocks and looking at him through tinted glasses.

He was lambasted for having no end product for the first half of the season where he wasn’t getting goals or assists.

He’s a great player but not top 4 quality yet, but he has all of the potential to be.

Guest Cheesy Beans

Apart from the Brighton 30mins he's been consistently good pretty much every game since about January

You’re admitting it yourself. ‘Pretty much every game’, ‘since January’.

All I said was he has been too inconsistent at times and therefore not currently top 4 quality. It’s hardly an outrageous claim or ‘lazy’ as someone called it.

Apart from the Brighton 30mins he's been consistently good pretty much every game since about January

All I said was he has been too inconsistent at times and therefore not currently top 4 quality. It’s hardly an outrageous claim or ‘lazy’ as someone called it.

So how long do you have to be good for before you can be called consistently good?

Is February to October long enough?

Guest Cheesy Beans

Salah has s*** games. And KDB. The best two players in the league.

But ASM’s quality isn’t as high as them or as often as them.

He’s undoubtedly a great talent and has potential to be top 4 quality but no need for everyone to get so upset when it’s pointed out he’s not quite there yet.

Guest Cheesy Beans

So how long do you have to be good for before you can be called consistently good?

Is February to October long enough?

February to October is a bit daft when during 4 of those months no football was played.

February - October minus 4 months as ‘class’

August - February as inconsistent

So he’s been more inconsistent then he has been top four quality? How many different ways does this need proving before people will calm down and accept it.

I’m hardly calling him bobbins.

He was injured for quite a bit of August- February though

After he got used to the league and over most of his injuries, he was able to build up a good run of games where he's been consistently really good

Yup, lazy analysis.

By his own admission:

Also posts in this thread just before the Oxford (h) game where he was poor home and away against Chelsea.

He was dreadful this season against Brighton during his short cameo.

Arsenal away, Crystal Palace away he was quite poor.

As people have pointed out there’s a clear correlation between him underperforming and us not getting results. But to blindly say he’s a top 4 player and hasn’t been inconsistent at times is a load of bollocks and looking at him through tinted glasses.

He was lambasted for having no end product for the first half of the season where he wasn’t getting goals or assists.

He’s a great player but not top 4 quality yet, but he has all of the potential to be.

Don't you need to be inconsistent all of the time to be considered inconsistent?

Guest Cheesy Beans

He was injured  of August- February though

After he got used to the league and over most of his injuries, he was able to build up a good run of games where he's been consistently really good

Apart from Brighton, in September.

Apart from most of January (which you earlier included).

Apart from Arsenal, in February.

Apart from Crystal Palace, in February.

The list of this amazing top four form is getting smaller and smaller like :lol:

He’s been unplayable at times, as I’ve said - but he’s also had his fair share of crap performances.