Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

f***. If this goes through not only will we be the richest, in the world. But the richest club, a club could ever conceivably be?

PSG will be richer.

How? I’ve heard a few times these have the the wealthiest investment fund I think he world?

Can’t say I’m enjoying the Saudi flags and bin salman is a Geordie craic too much. Sorry lads. I’ve tried. Blokes a monster.

Entirely valid concern but I think it’s just for another day personally.

Guest neesy111

Can’t say I’m enjoying the Saudi flags and bin salman is a Geordie craic too much. Sorry lads. I’ve tried. Blokes a monster.

Entirely valid concern but I think it’s just for another day personally.

:thup:

Just had a go at some guy on Twitter who’s pretty much making a joke out of how all it took to get rid of Ashley was some guy to eat a bat and that fans should take plastic bats to the next game.

I knew this sort of stuff would happen.

Ok this pandemic may have sped up the sale, but theirs no reason why we should be making fun of it and making light of the situation.

The lives that have been lost to this virus is not worth it for the takeover. I wish people would have some respect.

100% he’ll be one of the whoppers who has a party with mates to celebrate during the lockdown.

f***. If this goes through not only will we be the richest, in the world. But the richest club, a club could ever conceivably be?

PSG will be richer.

How? I’ve heard a few times these have the the wealthiest investment fund I think he world?

It's all very opaque. Kuwait for example has a state fund worth over half a trillion and PIF reported as worth $300bn, but that's just the wealth that the state has chosen to put in that vehicle, as opposed to the wealth of the state itself

Guest neesy111

PSG will be richer.

Nope, there's a few that a bigger.

PSG will be richer.

The investment fund that owns PSG is worth more than PIF’s and the Reuben’s combined. Not that much more, but more.

It means nothing as neither country is going to invest the whole funding into the clubs, but if you want to get technical, PSG will be richer, although we could quite easily match them in terms of investment.

PSG will be richer.

The investment fund that owns PSG is worth more than PIF’s and the Saudi’s combined. Not that much more, but more.

It means nothing as neither country is going to invest the whole funding into the clubs, but if you want to get technical, PSG will be richer, although we could quite easily match them in terms of investment.

As mentioned above... it's a state backed fund so the present size really means very little. Saudis could whack half a trillion in the fund tomorrow if they wanted to, they just allocate money elsewhere. Even with oil being royally fucked, Aramco is still one of, if not -more likely - the, biggest company in the world, and is owned by the Saudi state. They've sold a small stake and will sell more as the years progress and oil recovers. They could then put that in PIF or elsewhere. But to judge the wealth of each investor on the vehicle being used isn't correct.

This has come a good 18 months after I gave up and stopped caring, annoyingly  :lol: but big congratulations to you all if it actually goes through this time. :party:

I've hardly been in this thread or even thought about it. Got too emotionally involved in the last Stavely thing. Fuck it, if we come out of lockdown and I can enjoy football again it will be ace.

Still can't really feel anything, but I assume I will once I get back in SJP again.

It's difficult to feel. We've had so many false dawns with takeovers and 13 years of Ashley killed my passion for this club. I still look at NUFC as an empty shell, even now. It's something even a mega takeover can't heal instantly.

Can't imagine His Royal Highness being tightfisted with his investment fund.. Our new overlords will want to rival City.. not just the success on the field, they'll want to match that level of investment. I'm sure there will be a lot of money being invested in the club and the city. The Reubens' increased involvement is hopefully another bonus for the area.

I have read about some of PIF's recent acquisitions and investments and even if they match what Abu Dhabi has invested so far in Man City, it would be one of their smaller recent projects but also their most public one, in terms of worldwide coverage.

Money is coming. I just hope it's invested in good, forward-thinking management, research and work ethic. The success and the good times will follow.

Guest chopey

Reading twitter, the fans of the top English clubs really dot like the thought of Newcastle with money, already on the verge of reporting us for FFP

I’m ecstatic that this is happening, maybe a little cautious at the same time. I remember feeling this sort of bravado when Ashley bought us.. “a billionaire you say!?” We we’re supposed to be the next force in the premier league.

13 years on and I’m cynical, don’t nearly enjoy football as much and have a resentment that this parasite took my prime years of supporting this club and made them miserable.

I’m not too old to get back into it. 40, still plenty of life left in me but would I be going to European games when they happen? Probably not.. it wouldn’t have been a question even when I was in my 20’s and 30’s.. I’d have been there. Ashley took all that from me, from us (of a certain age group)

I want to see how things play out with this lot but they will get the benefit of the doubt.

I hope we don’t turn into a bunch of entitled fuckers regarding signing players. We should appreciate every positive thing that happens the club from this point and give them time. They will make a few mistakes along the way.

Reading twitter, the fans of the top English clubs really dot like the thought of Newcastle with money, already on the verge of reporting us for FFP

We'd be the same if these cunts were taking over any other club

:snod:

Which makes it all even sweeter.

Guest neesy111

Exactly.

Fuck what other fans think.

For 13 years they have thought that we have been out in our place, they are fucking shitting it that we might be coming out of that.

Man Utd fans think they are always going to be the biggest, Man City fans are jealous that they’ll no longer be the richest, Chelsea fans won’t like the added competition.

They only care because it could give them trouble. If the money being talked about wasn’t enough to compete with them financially and was only enough to put us in the top 10, they wouldn’t give a fuck.