Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Playing devils advocate a bit here, and expect to get it from all quarters for this post, but:

The only info we have that the tests will be passed has come from Caulkin via Staveley. Now they should have done research etc to be confident they will pass, but they cannot guarantee this.

Sheff Utd are owned by the Princes cousin. The prince can/has randomly imprisoned members of his family...could he pressure the other Prince to influence the outcome of a game? Is there any previous examples of this close an ownership of 2 clubs in the same league? Can anyone find some evidence that suggests this is allowed?

Now I'll caveat the above by saying most of the noises coming from the press would suggest there have been "no red flags", but this is the same press that many on here lambast for knowing nothing. I'd like factual information that shows 2 cousins owning clubs in the same league is OK, not abuse or ramblings.

I'm pretty sure the lawyers of the buyers knew all of this before advising the buyers to pay a £17 million deposit.

I've already pretty much stated that in my post.

However, this is a pretty unique situation.

FWIW of course MBS can pressure the Sheff Utd owner into doing whatever he likes....I fail to see how this wouldn't be an issue sadly.

So he can also influence the management and the players?

Doesn't have to, only has to be able to influence an owner.

Anyway, like I've said, the papers etc don't seem to think it's an issue. It's just, looking objectively, I fail to see how he doesn't have the ability to influence another (less powerful) prince. I'm just thinking out loud really.

Hopefully if it was an issue, he'd just influence the other prince to sell Sheff Utd though  :lol:

Well a few things about the whole theory.

He's jailed other royal members he saw as threats to his power, not quite randomly as you stated. Competing against a team 80% owned by the PIF - which he chairs but as far as I can tell doesn't deal with the day to day on anyway, that's Yasir somethingorather - is not a threat to his power.

As well, let's accept the PIF is doing this as a sportswashing exercise. Turning around to jail/intimidate a cousin owner of another team in the league wouldn't be very smart.

Lastly, as far as I can tell he's chair of the PIF by title but it's that Yasir fella what does most of the heavy lifting. The club consumes our daily waking lives, not his. I'd stake my life MBS is in no way going to obsess as we would if we owned it.

Thats all well and good, but I don't think him "obsessing" has anything to do with it.

It's an owners ability to influence another owner.

Can anybody please give a reply based in fact/law that can prove he does not have the ability to influence another owner. Not stating that he is unlikely to.

I have the ability to jump the curb and mow down pedestrians in my car. Should I be banned from driving?

It's absolutely useless, beyond pointless, to just dream up scenarios as if just because something is possible it will happen. You have to demonstrate something is likely for it to matter.

No, the rules solely relate to the ability to influence another owner.

Show me where the PL have to prove it is likely?

The answer is they don't.

They absolutely have to apply some level of certainty jesus christ :lol: Every group rich enough to own a football club has, to some extent, the ability to influence people in other clubs. There might be a pecking order, i.e. watfords owners can't exactly bully liverpool's fenway group, but that doesn't mean it's not there in other directions.

Basically, he posted to get some reactions, and is now backtracking.

Why do people even bother following this guy. He is clueless - Caulkin is the only one worth listening to.

Playing devils advocate a bit here, and expect to get it from all quarters for this post, but:

The only info we have that the tests will be passed has come from Caulkin via Staveley. Now they should have done research etc to be confident they will pass, but they cannot guarantee this.

Sheff Utd are owned by the Princes cousin. The prince can/has randomly imprisoned members of his family...could he pressure the other Prince to influence the outcome of a game? Is there any previous examples of this close an ownership of 2 clubs in the same league? Can anyone find some evidence that suggests this is allowed?

Now I'll caveat the above by saying most of the noises coming from the press would suggest there have been "no red flags", but this is the same press that many on here lambast for knowing nothing. I'd like factual information that shows 2 cousins owning clubs in the same league is OK, not abuse or ramblings.

I'm pretty sure the lawyers of the buyers knew all of this before advising the buyers to pay a £17 million deposit.

FWIW of course MBS can pressure the Sheff Utd owner into doing whatever he likes....I fail to see how this wouldn't be an issue sadly.

Anyway, like I've said, the papers etc don't seem to think it's an issue. It's just, looking objectively, I fail to see how he doesn't have the ability to influence another (less powerful) prince. I'm just thinking out loud really.

Hopefully if it was an issue, he'd just influence the other prince to sell Sheff Utd though  :lol:

He's jailed other royal members he saw as threats to his power, not quite randomly as you stated. Competing against a team 80% owned by the PIF - which he chairs but as far as I can tell doesn't deal with the day to day on anyway, that's Yasir somethingorather - is not a threat to his power.

As well, let's accept the PIF is doing this as a sportswashing exercise. Turning around to jail/intimidate a cousin owner of another team in the league wouldn't be very smart.

Lastly, as far as I can tell he's chair of the PIF by title but it's that Yasir fella what does most of the heavy lifting. The club consumes our daily waking lives, not his. I'd stake my life MBS is in no way going to obsess as we would if we owned it.

Thats all well and good, but I don't think him "obsessing" has anything to do with it.

Can anybody please give a reply based in fact/law that can prove he does not have the ability to influence another owner. Not stating that he is unlikely to.

I have the ability to jump the curb and mow down pedestrians in my car. Should I be banned from driving?

It's absolutely useless, beyond pointless, to just dream up scenarios as if just because something is possible it will happen. You have to demonstrate something is likely for it to matter.

They absolutely have to apply some level of certainty jesus christ :lol: Every group rich enough to own a football club has, to some extent, the ability to influence people in other clubs. There might be a pecking order, i.e. watfords owners can't exactly bully liverpool's fenway group, but that doesn't mean it's not there in other directions.

Wow  :lol:

Comparing unrelated companies to 2 closely related members of the same royal family ffs. It's really not comparable and even you must realise that.

Comparing unrelated companies to 2 closely related members of the same royal family ffs. It's really not comparable and even you must realise that.

Doesn't matter if they're related or not. PL rules don't say anything about relations. Or even what kind of influence. Just influence. Ashley could threaten to pull some team's tat from his stores in exchange for something, boom, influence.

Your theory is bad and you should admit your situation. There would be more dignity in it.

If true, Strange game to air :lol:

I hope they're showing the one where we all made paper aeroplanes out of the flyers that were left on the seats.  Can't remember the season, the manager, the opposition or anything, but I remember the aeroplanes drifting over my head in the Gallowgate :aww:  Emre might have been playing that day.  Not sure :lol:

You would think there would be a leak somewhere with news of a news conference.

I smell bullshitt.  HTT[/member]      You sure about this?

If true, Strange game to air :lol:

I hope they're showing the one where we all made paper aeroplanes out of the flyers that were left on the seats.  Can't remember the season, the manager, the opposition or anything, but I remember the aeroplanes drifting over my head in the Gallowgate :aww:

Crystal Palace, either under Souness or Allardyce.

Toon toon Pepperami.

Doesn't matter if they're related or not. PL rules don't say anything about relations. Or even what kind of influence. Just influence. Ashley could threaten to pull some team's tat from his stores in exchange for something, boom, influence.

Your theory is bad and you should admit your situation. There would be more dignity in it.

Yeah so it would be at their discretion, and it would be a very reasonable opinion that MBS could influence Sheff Utd. There is nothing "bad" about that position.

Trying to say everyone can influence everyone else as much as MBS could his cousin is ridiculous though.

FWIW the above only comes into consideration if the PL start looking into MBS (which they probably won't, as PIF would be named as a potential owner, not MBS directly).