Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

If I was King until this is sorted out, I'd make the following words on this forum illegal and subject to the penalty of having to wear a Scumberland shirt for a month:

I think...

I feel

I've heard

It will happen next....week/day/Thursday etc

In The Know

Some random twitter account says........

Let's get it right. This is (potentially) a £300 Million plus takeover involving Mike Ashley. Such high or low profile business buyouts or takeover are not, repeat not, discussed by buyers, sellers or their contacts on Twitter, Fucking Facebook or any other social media. IF it happens, it will be announced when both parties are ready. Until then

? Chill.

If I was King until this is sorted out, I'd make the following word on this forum illegal

Scumberland

This isnt RTG and their Poocastle bollocks...

I don’t get the rush with timeframes to be honest. Aren’t things naturally going to be slower in the current climate?

It's happening, its just half of the forum have the collective composure of a 12 year old school girl.

So there is not even a 0.001% chance that it could fall through? OK then.

Excellent straw man.

There's been nothing to suggest it will fall through, why stress about it?

These days will be looked back on as "vintage times" in the history of NUFC.

In our hearts we all believe that Ashley has GONE after 13 years of crap.

In our hearts we are all SO WORRIED that it might all fall through, still.

In our hearts we are SO EXCITED at the prospect of being the richest club in the world. My goodness, SUCH exciting times ahead . . . we "think".

Yes, these are one-off vintage times, NEVER to be forgotten.

It's happening, its just half of the forum have the collective composure of a 12 year old school girl.

I don't think it's unreasonable to have limited compsure when we have the last 13 years worth of experience to go by. If Ashley can push it too far, can negatively influence it, can think he knows better than everyone else then he'll find a way to fuck it.

As for all the questions about whether he can kill the deal it. In my experience, the devil will be in the detail of the SPA but my gut feel is that the answer is no (whilst PCP have exclusivity - this is rumoured to end by mid May) my feeling is that after that point there's a strong possibility that all bets will be off re: prior commitments and PCP go back to the wider bidding pool and could be beaten by A.N Other.

I suspect therefore that PCP will need to PL Test completed by end of next week at the latest to allow time for the funds to move.

If there's no leaks that the PL tests have succeeded by then, then I'd predict more volume from the buying side, more rumours from the selling side about other buyers and a complete clusterfuck.

Kanji[/member] - agree?

Edwards going for his daily intake of attention.

It’s probably true tbh based on the length of time the prem checks take it will be 4 weeks on Thursday, if we haven’t heard by then, then it is likely issues have arisen in the checks.

I don’t get the rush with timeframes to be honest. Aren’t things naturally going to be slower in the current climate?

It's understandable tbh. We have been here too many times before, and there are a couple of reasons why people are panicking. Firstly, no one has ever trusted Ashley not to act like a cunt, so even when it seems like there's no way he can throw a spanner in the works at this stage, if anyone can do it, he can.

Secondly, this isn't an ordinary buyout, there is big opposition from political lobby groups and obviously other clubs who feel their dominance is threatened. Until it's done and dusted, fans are going to be apprehensive.

That said, I am feeling that it is too far gone now to hit the buffers. It might drag on a bit longer, but pretty sure it will go through.

Premier League will have a lot to answer if they block this deal. They can kiss goodbye to any potential future investment by the Saudis. Imagine they go and buy another club from another league and really do well. Premier League will rue their missed opportunity.

90% of pundits on Twitter at this point:

"You may not know much about the issue but I bet you reckon something....So why not tell us what you reckon? Let us enjoy the full majesty of your uniformed ad-hoc reckon"

I think we all need to not fall out

Nice profile pic!  :pow:

It’s probably true tbh based on the length of time the prem checks take it will be 4 weeks on Thursday, if we haven’t heard by then, then it is likely issues have arisen in the checks.

It can take 4 weeks in normal circumstances. We are in the middle of a global pandemic which could slow things down, either with the Premier League themselves, or an agency they use. On top of this by the time next week ends, we will have had 3 days worth of bank holidays, which again could slow things down, you are talking over half a week of work lost just there.

It also doesn’t include any time for funds to be transferred over, again this could in some cases take a week.

On top of this there are question marks over weather announcing a takeover would be advised when the country is in lockdown out of fear of people gathering at SJP or having house parties. Even if they do announce it, I think announcing it on a Friday or over the weekend would be questioned.

As for Edwards. Last Saturday he tweeted about a 2nd bid which makes no sense considering how far along the current takeover is. It also lacked any type of context, I.E. when it was made, how far along it was etc. He even went and downplayed it in follow up tweets.

Yesterday he did similar with regards to doubts by the seller, immediately downplaying and dismissing it. He also never explained how there would be when the takeover is this far down the line.

Today he has made the above tweet. Already he is downplaying what he has said.

He’s not exactly well regarded with our fans, and is thought of as a WUM. He was advised by his fellow professional journalists to take time off Twitter because he was biting back when our fans were calling him out on it.

It can take 4 weeks in normal circumstances. We are in the middle of a global pandemic which could slow things down, either with the Premier League themselves, or an agency they use. On top of this by the time next week ends, we will have had 3 days worth of bank holidays, which again could slow things down, you are talking over half a week of work lost just there.

It also doesn’t include any time for funds to be transferred over, again this could in some cases take a week.

On top of this there are question marks over weather announcing a takeover would be advised when the country is in lockdown out of fear of people gathering at SJP or having house parties. Even if they do announce it, I think announcing it on a Friday or over the weekend would be questioned.

As for Edwards. Last Saturday he tweeted about a 2nd bid which makes no sense considering how far along the current takeover is. It also lacked any type of context, I.E. when it was made, how far along it was etc. He even went and downplayed it in follow up tweets.

Yesterday he did similar with regards to doubts by the seller, immediately downplaying and dismissing it. He also never explained how there would be when the takeover is this far down the line.

Today he has made the above tweet. Already he is downplaying what he has said.

He’s not exactly well regarded with our fans, and is thought of as a WUM. He was advised by his fellow professional journalists to take time off Twitter because he was biting back when our fans were calling him out on it.

Agree. Edwards is just making noise for the sake of it now. Wouldn't be so bad if he was just a fan, but as a journalist his random guesswork is just confusing readers and creating uncertainty based on nothing more than his need to say something.

What makes it even more baffling is, it was him that said the directors test didn't start until the 14th April. If that's the case, this time next week still wouldn't be over the 4 weeks it was said it could take to complete. So what on earth is he on about?

I think we all just want this so much it’s got us in a bit of a lather.

It’s like we want it done before someone comes along and catches us in the act, that’s how I feel  :lol: