Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

The real political pressure on the PL will be to approve the deal. Everything else is just noise and an opportunity for certain people to stand up on the soap box for a brief period.

With everything else going on I just can’t see how they’ll derail it.

Can anyone seriously imagine the Khashoggi widow (I know they weren’t actually married) chaining herself outside SJP and going on hunger strike when the new PL season eventually starts?

Not much to it. Still focuses round the piracy and cases enacted July last year,  strangely no mention of the French courts throwing similar out. The bit about Skillets after was only OK and didn't stress their need for care and regular seasoning but some ridiculous prices.

Goodness me the Premier League are digging a deep grave for themselves by dragging their heels over this. Letting the media have a field day on this without any of the parties involved having said a word about it is just making it worse. Get it done and over with whether it'S approved or rejected.

Not much to it. Still focuses round the piracy and cases enacted July last year,  strangely no mention of the French courts throwing similar out. The bit about Skillets after was only OK and didn't stress their need for care and regular seasoning but some ridiculous prices.

Yeah it's a bit of a car crash of an article after reading it fully  :lol:

Apologies for the pessimism in advance..

What is worrying me in this latest delay is that it indicates Qatari officials are determined to stop this. And they are powerful enough to do this. Saudi Arabia may have stronger ties with the UK government but Qatar has proved that they can "influence" football decision-makers on the highest level. They have already succeeded in dragging out the process - the directors test has seemingly turned from a nominal accounting exercise to an all-encompassing moral tribunal. The opposition to the takeover gets bigger by the day so a potential rejection might even be spun as a good PR for the league.

And I won't even get into the timing of Hatice Cengiz' THIRD letter, no doubt ghost written by her Muslim Brotherhood protectors. It's clear that grief is not the only thing driving her political agenda.

I'm not sure the Saudi royal family would care so much to put similar pressure if it comes to that. Bin Salman might be already sick of the negative attention this has brought for all we know..

What is worrying me in this latest delay is that it indicates Qatari officials are determined to stop this. And they are powerful enough to do this. Saudi Arabia may have stronger ties with the UK government but Qatar has proved that they can "influence" football decision-makers on the highest level. They have already succeeded in dragging out the process - the directors test has seemingly turned from a nominal accounting exercise to an all-encompassing moral tribunal. The opposition to the takeover gets bigger by the day so a potential rejection might even be spun as a good PR for the league.

And I won't even get into the timing of Hatice Cengiz' THIRD letter, no doubt ghost written by her Muslim Brotherhood protectors. It's clear that grief is not the only thing driving her political agenda.

I'm not sure the Saudi royal family would care so much to put similar pressure if it comes to that. Bin Salman might be already sick of the negative attention this has brought for all we know..

I would think that the Saudi state and MBS deal with negative attention on a regular basis, they won’t get sick, maybe more determined.

I must admit like, as much as I want this to happen from a football point of view, it would be pretty easy to accept if it was blocked. There's a lot not to like and it's hard to argue with anyone saying it should be blocked. What will be will be.

Guest reefatoon

f*** it then we'll carry on with mike

Aye, that doesn't feel pretty easy to accept when you look at what we will still be stuck with.

f*** it then we'll carry on with mike

That's not what I'm saying and you know it. I'm saying if you look at it completely logically, taking away any NUFC bias, it's pretty fucking easy to see reasons why it shouldn't happen. Many aspects of the prospective owners still don't sit well with me, but I still want it to happen for sporting reasons. But if it falls through it'll have good reason to.

As Caulkin keeps saying, we should be happy that the process is taking a long time and is thorough. We could have done with this level of scrutiny when Ashley took charge.

I would think that the Saudi state and MBS deal with negative attention on a regular basis, they won’t get sick, maybe more determined.

It's not them that have to get sick of the negative attention though, it's the PL.

Anyone who doesnt want this deal needs their own head subtracting

If I didn't despise our current owner so much, I wouldn't want this to happen tbh. I'm quite uncomfortable with it.

Guest awaymag

I must admit like, as much as I want this to happen from a football point of view, it would be pretty easy to accept if it was blocked. There's a lot not to like and it's hard to argue with anyone saying it should be blocked. What will be will be.

Oh great, lets get back to 30% possession football, no hope of winning anything and call out 10th place or below as an amazing season!  Nah, Ashley needs to be gone and I don't believe there are other bidders.  It shit or bust for this takeover.  If it goes bust then Im done with football, the cartel can have it!

Anyone who doesnt want this deal needs their own head subtracting

If I didn't despise our current owner so much, I wouldn't want this to happen tbh. I'm quite uncomfortable with it.

I'm very confortable with it as it happens. If someone wants to carry on with mike then that's their own decision but opinions shouldn't be forced on to others.

After all this is a football forum and not a human rights forum or mumsnet.