Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Aye that's promising, the positivity in me says it's a direct response to that particular line of questioning in the O&D test.

What line of questioning ?

Well they have no doubt been getting questioned about the piracy/copyright etc...and i think (hope) this is a direct response to that, a way of appeasing the Premier League and showing that they're doing something about it.

Hopefully, it would certainly make sense, I can’t see them shutting this down if it was being rejected.

That’s the most positive news this takeover has had in about 2 months. The pendulum has swung back to it actually happening now.

It’s no more than a token gesture to keep BeIN quiet while this is announced, imminently I would guess.

Mark Douglas saying buying shares in BT less relevant.

He's right (for a change) in the short term as the piracy crackdown hopefully enables the nufc purchase to complete. In the longer term there is a synergy between buying football clubs, buying sports TV rights (they have just bought Serie A from next year) and a stake in a media company like BT.

Guest neesy111

Mark Douglas saying buying shares in BT less relevant.

He's right (for a change) in the short term as the piracy crackdown hopefully enables the nufc purchase to complete. In the longer term there is a synergy between buying football clubs, buying sports TV rights (they have just bought Serie A from next year) and a stake in a media company like BT.

I'd just say it's just a commercial decision to invest in BT, it's a huge organisation.

Does anyone know what percentage of the company they are buying?

I mean it’s not going to mean much if it’s like 1%, but if it’s 10% or more then that’s a pretty big stake they will own.

They can think again if they think this means I’ll get an EE contract though, not a chance.

I mean it’s not going to mean much if it’s like 1%, but if it’s 10% or more then that’s a pretty big stake they will own.

They can think again if they think this means I’ll get an EE contract though, not a chance.

Under 5pc at present

Anything over 5% and they would have to notify the exchange. So it’s less than that.

They have been buying up shares for a few weeks now though. I don’t think it’s as significant as the piracy crackdown announcement though.

How many times have we had these little bursts of optimism only for it to come to nothing ?

Well - simply - it just cannot "keep on" coming to nothing.

The inevitable great news is now VERY close at hand . . .

How many times have we had these little bursts of optimism only for it to come to nothing ?

Well - simply - it just cannot "keep on" coming to nothing.

The inevitable great news is now VERY close at hand . . .

I love you and choppy's optimism. I hope you have a right good old drink when this deal is rubberstamped.