Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

My thoughts are pretty much currently it's not a yes nor is it a no, it's just unacceptable. I think these are all changes that they've been told will turn it from unacceptable to acceptable. Whether there's been enough changes yet, who the fuck knows? I think not one of the journos actually have a fucking clue, they're just throwing shit at a wall and seeing what sticks.

I still think it'll go through, I'm convinced we wouldn't be seeing any of these changes if it wasn't for KSA trying to get the sale through. I just wish PL would hurry the fuck up.

Guest godzilla

It does feel like that tbh, this is usually the point where we realise nothing's been said for a while so we probably won't hear nowt else :lol:

Although I don't think that's the case this time, as we've never actually been to the PL checks stage so I expect to hear something one way or another.

My gut feeling is still the same, which is that they've been given an unofficial 'no' until they can prove they're sorting s*** out.

As I mentioned a few pages back the ducks are being lined up in a row. The announcements this week by the government and the laws being introduced by the Saudis on the piracy and Intellectual property are certainly imho suggesting this.

Aye, it's what I thought, it's no coincidence that they've started doing all sorts re: intellectual property. 

My worry is what are the PL waiting for, and for how long.  The Saudis are clearly doing stuff to counter the piracy claims, but what do the PL want from it?  Do they want to wait until they have some kind of results? (f*** knows what the measure of that would be)…or are they happy with the them to just show that they're taking action...in which case the Saudis have done this so what's the hold up? Are they also waiting for something else? 

I'm not expecting answers from you by the way :lol: Just 'thinking out loud' as it were.

Personally I honestly believe it will be very hard for the Premier League to knock it back now. On the human issue the statements this week by the government concerning sanctions, have not included any member of PIF or the Saudi State. There has also been a tweet by Raab thanking the Saudi state and trade between the two countries has now opened up again in terms of the previously banned arm deals (not saying it's right but it has), so the Premier League would find it very hard to knock it back on that score, but maybe they wanted a government statement to back this up.

As for piracy, neither the Saudi state or PIF have been named either by the WTO report or the French court as being directly involved in the direct transmission of the stream. They were blamed for not doing enough to stop the transmission and the plans/laws being put directly in place now over the last couple of weeks are certainly being done to cater for this. They're not just doing this I think most would agree on that.

As I said all the ducks being lined up in a row and the announcements this week I think are pretty significant.

Its gone quiet clearly because the Saudis have stopped feeding how confident they are that it will be done soon to various media people resulting in that constant stream of NEXT WEEK THIS WEEK NEXT HOUR This can and will be interpreted one of many ways by everyone, all we can do is wait.

The UK government is happy to publicly lick up to Saudi and say it's ok to sell them owt including weapons and they've said they they know the bad crack in Yemen was just an accident and so they'll that slide, but then the PL get lippy and say "soz lads, you cannit buy one of our football clubs, you're too radge".

Nah.

Interesting that Golfmag swooped in and swooped out very succinctly

That's not unusual tbh. It's also not a sleight on him either, it's just what he does and how he posts. Don't read anything into his silence.

Do people agree with me that the Takeover verdict will have to be announced (at the latest) when the summer Transfer Window opens on July 26th?

I think we're long past the stage of believing the Premier League will stick to any sort of deadline.

Do people agree with me that the Takeover verdict will have to be announced (at the latest) when the summer Transfer Window opens on July 26th?

It would be a pretty shitty move by the PL if they didn't, and ended up approving the takeover after.

This was a really good listen tonight, some very interesting craic re BZG and previous Canadian takeover attempts.

Yep. That was really really good. Think everyone should listen to that for some insights into this takeover and previous ones that didn’t quite make.

Interesting that BZG pulled out because they felt it was an insult to have to pay a non-refundable deposit to Ashley, along with a number of other insults they felt Ashley dealt them.

Also, rumours that the new owners have already bought the freehold for SJP. (Some leaks from the city council)

And that PIF/PCP etc had been told around June 1st by the PL that they were going to pass the takeover but on the proviso that they make efforts to sort the piracy. PIF apparently felt that this meant the deal was done.

Well worth a listen, whatever you think of Wraith and Mitch.

Yep. That was really really good. Think everyone should listen to that for some insights into this takeover and previous ones that didn’t quite make.

Interesting that BZG pulled out because they felt it was an insult to have to pay a non-refundable deposit to Ashley, along with a number of other insults they felt Ashley dealt them.

Also, rumours that the new owners have already bought the freehold for SJP. (Some leaks from the city council)

And that PIF/PCP etc had been told around June 1st by the PL that they were going to pass the takeover but on the proviso that they make efforts to sort the piracy. PIF apparently felt that this meant the deal was done.

Just the sort of reassuring I like before going to bed, especially on Friday. Like watching Cheers as a kid.

This was a really good listen tonight, some very interesting craic re BZG and previous Canadian takeover attempts.

Aren't all these people known bullshitters and coat tail riders? Especially Wraith.

Shyster FM.

:lol:

Not a fan Disco?

I’ve encountered more reputable characters I’m not going to lie. I wouldn’t trust Wraith and Dentist if they repeated back to me where I lived. Although I almost admire their shamelessness.

Aren't all these people known bullshitters and coat tail riders? Especially Wraith.

Wraith didn’t actually have any info. It was Mitch and Steve Hastie talking about it all.

I’d have a listen yourself and make your own mind up as to whether you think they’re bullshitting.

I certainly didn’t get that impression. Mitch describes himself as a gobshite and he certainly does like a chat but I didn’t get the impression they were making it up at all.

Shyster FM.

Not a fan Disco?

I’ve encountered more reputable characters I’m not going to lie. I wouldn’t trust Wraith and Dentist if they repeated back to me where I lived. Although I almost admire their shamelessness.

What do you think about the other two?

Shyster FM.

Not a fan Disco?

What do you think about the other two?

Hastie was heavily involved on the fans forum iirc so you can file him in the bin n all.

I haven’t listened btw.