Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

wonder if they're going for a Keith Bishop special, wait until the season is finished so there's not countless pundits and people debating the decision before and after the matches...approve once the season is finished and let it blow over during the summer

Something has to give this week!

Its been almost 2 weeks since Masters comments and PIF have been lining their ducks up with the piracy issue

I have a good feeling about this week!

Seems logical

Why would the EPL be busy with matters which relate to Manchester City and Uefa?

Because the EPL has paused the case against MC breaking domestic FFP rules until this verdict. Case goes against City then they almost certainly broke domestic rules too. Case goes for City then FFP is probably dead in the water.

So the Sport court of arbitration can look at Man City’s finances and see if they breach FFP rules or not in about a month. 3 and a half months into to D&O at the Premier League and we are no further forward.

So the Sport court of arbitration can look at Man City’s finances and see if they breach FFP rules or not in about a month. 3 and a half months into to D&O at the Premier League and we are no further forward.

Well we might be further forward. We don't know do we.

I think the geopolitik at play is clear that it’s not that simple.

They say there’s no deadline for the process etc but I don’t believe that for a minute. The PL will be looking to get as much as they can before the transfer window opens. They (both sides) will want to have things in place before then.

I’m guessing the 4 remaining games of the season will happen before the takeover does.

I’m fairly relaxed about that anyway, what could they get done before then? Plus with the season tapering out under Bruce, I think the timing will be like a fresh start once it’s done.

They’ll replace Bruce. I reckon Poch is just waiting for the nod, the agreement is already in place and maybe for a few players too. It would be naive to think they haven’t been doing a tap? ?‍♂️

I believed the line about "they've not approached any managers/new signings yet" in April/May but I'd imagine they will have to have some things like that penciled in or planned now or soon given that the time frame they have before next season is rapidly being pissed away by the PL.

If they had plans to announce the takeover with a big bang (e.g. takeover completed, new manager appointed, prestige signings, training ground redevelopment, etc) they would probably want to wait until the season is over, so they can minimize the impact on the current season and have a definitive date which is the start of the new era (with no links to the old era).

Having said that, I think the takeover is still in the hands of the Premier League.  I agree with (I think it was Caulkin's observation) that if the PL had approved the takeover it would probably leak in some form.

Never known anything football related to be so stone cold silent regardless of any NDAs....someone always leaks as people can't help themselves.

What's been heard over last few months..Masters saying things will take as long as they take, and various parties objecting in pure self interest??

So a few possibilities....

1) All parties have become massively professional and are adhering perfectly to the NDA

1.1 - If true then no journalist or self promoter GC and SW know anything at all and their tidbits every now and then are to generate interest

1.2 - Too much interest in this from all involved (us included) for a decision either way not to be announced by someone

2) The PL has suddenly developed a conscience* (as we all know, that's about as likely as Hell freezing over)

2.1 The PL wants the money but doesn't want to look bad

2.2 The PL wants the money, but still wants to look like it's tough on piracy (in order to get more money)

3) Nothing is actually happening at present

3.1 Possible given that Staveley is currently being hauled over the coals/insulted by Barclays in court

3.2  This is a tiny investment for PIF and more than likely not one of their priorities

3.3 PL have more pressing issues to deal with (long shot, but they do still have finite resources, and can only deal with so much at a time)

4) Waiting on Lawyers and Law firms

4.1 Seems feasible. Ever tried buying a house through a solicitor? Never understood how it can take a month to write a 4 line letter, but they manage

it, and charge thousands for the privilege even when there's no complex investigation

5) PL don't want this to happen

5.1 Can see why most PL teams would object

5.2 PL are so invested with keeping status quo the same to protect immediate revenue. A successful Newcastle might take a couple of years to

generate they income they currently get from the 'big' clubs, and they don't want to see a hit in the accounts that might occur until kids from

abroad want to wear a Newcastle shirt rather than a Liverpool one

Never known anything football related to be so stone cold silent regardless of any NDAs....someone always leaks as people can't help themselves.

What's been heard over last few months..Masters saying things will take as long as they take, and various parties objecting in pure self interest??

So a few possibilities....

1) All parties have become massively professional and are adhering perfectly to the NDA

1.1 - If true then no journalist or self promoter GC and SW know anything at all and their tidbits every now and then are to generate interest

1.2 - Too much interest in this from all involved (us included) for a decision either way not to be announced by someone

2) The PL has suddenly developed a conscience* (as we all know, that's about as likely as Hell freezing over)

2.1 The PL wants the money but doesn't want to look bad

2.2 The PL wants the money, but still wants to look like it's tough on piracy (in order to get more money)

3) Nothing is actually happening at present

3.1 Possible given that Staveley is currently being hauled over the coals/insulted by Barclays in court

3.2  This is a tiny investment for PIF and more than likely not one of their priorities

3.3 PL have more pressing issues to deal with (long shot, but they do still have finite resources, and can only deal with so much at a time)

4) Waiting on Lawyers and Law firms

4.1 Seems feasible. Ever tried buying a house through a solicitor? Never understood how it can take a month to write a 4 line letter, but they manage

it, and charge thousands for the privilege even when there's no complex investigation

5) PL don't want this to happen

5.1 Can see why most PL teams would object

5.2 PL are so invested with keeping status quo the same to protect immediate revenue. A successful Newcastle might take a couple of years to

generate they income they currently get from the 'big' clubs, and they don't want to see a hit in the accounts that might occur until kids from

abroad want to wear a Newcastle shirt rather than a Liverpool one

So you say it's either/or, then?

Probably done by next week...?