Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Has anyone a clue how it will be announced?  If it's a press conference we will know in advance,  or will it just be on the website?

It's still an "if" at the minute.

Of course no one knows how it'll be announced yet  :lol:

Has anyone a clue how it will be announced?  If it's a press conference we will know in advance,  or will it just be on the website?

It's still an "if" at the minute.

Of course no one knows how it'll be announced yet  :lol:

So why everyone having meltdowns if the likelihood is they will call a press conference?  I really can't get too animated about it

Guest godzilla

Hairy Hands Keys saying it wont happen as "momentum" is gathering against it.  :rolleyes:

That was from over a week ago

No he was on about it yesterday also

With Man City potentially being banned from European competition for two years due to FFP breaching, would it be feasible for our club to intentionally do the same, knowing that it would allow us to get the team more up to speed domestically to cover the playing of the next couple of seasons, then pushing on to Europe thereafter? I mean, we wouldn't be in Europe next season anyway and the following season could be used to establish our squad at home and get better revenue in to the club commercially. Man City didn't win anything in their first season and it'd give the squad time to gel a decent spine.

With Man City potentially being banned from European competition for two years due to FFP breaching, would it be feasible for our club to intentionally do the same, knowing that it would allow us to get the team more up to speed domestically to cover the playing of the next couple of seasons, then pushing on to Europe thereafter? I mean, we wouldn't be in Europe next season anyway and the following season could be used to establish our squad at home and get better revenue in to the club commercially. Man City didn't win anything in their first season and it'd give the squad time to gel a decent spine.

You wouldn't be able to attract the best talent.

Not the very best maybe, but surely somewhat better than what we currently have and enough to form a better backbone to the squad? I suppose it would depend on if it meant UEFA enforcing a further transfer ban until the two years was up as well maybe, Oh well, was just a thought.

As if Keys knows anything man. He’s just trying to push his agenda and also to antagonise our fans.

Why can’t people just realise that we are in the midst of a global pandemic which has put the majority of the world on hold. Things like business deals and club takeovers are going to take longer than usual.

Is that the Scouse fella?

Aye, Dave Stone. He posted on the UK Craft Beer Forum on Facey (20k+ members)

Dave Stone

17 hrs

A MESSAGE FROM Wylam Brewery...

It would be erroneous for me not to comment on this thread. Firstly, sincere apologies that the random replies on social media have caused offence… this is totally understandable, has been dealt with and will not happen again…

Secondly, SHEIKHEAD… At no point was the artwork in any fashion designed to celebrate the Saudi regime… far from it… the idea was simply meant to be a playful take on Jakehead and a graphic recording of a moment in time given the deal that is proceeding with the football club… in which of course we have no hand… we saw the design simply as art imitating life and in no way intended to cause offence… maybe that is naive…however that is the honest truth and all I can offer here… Again unreserved apologies to those that we have offended … I'm here if you wish to engage... thank you

EXGj789WoAYakzE?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

The boss of Wylam has had to go on a grovelling mission apparently, not apologising for the design of the can, but because the guy in charge of their social media had too many cans himself and was replying to anyone who thought it was in poor taste on Twitter or Insta telling them to get f***ed and taking the p*ss out of their profile pics.

Where's he apologised like? Haven't been able to find that

Damage control on beer nerd forums apparently.

Carcrash spoilered for size:

ZpBfuhK.png

zCcgX0q.png

D8FtzPx.png

Remix of the above with an additional "pitiable spleen", which is maybe my favourite.

ReLjk9R.png

veFxx09.png

Fa1Pm4E.png

5g6uKs6.png

There needs to be a very basic interview before giving anyone the social media passwords "Will you ever reply to a customer by asking them to go tell someone who gives a fuck?"

Wor Greg can be seen and heard, here;

Nice one Greg.

Hell of a lot of delusion and wishful thinking from the contributors there. Particularly sounds embarrassing, after the human rights campaigners and activists describing horrific human rights abuse, then fans coming on to say how Saudi Arabia might change and there are lots of other wrongs in the world.

Only a couple of people make points about us not promoting or excusing what they’re doing.

There needs to be a very basic interview before giving anyone the social media passwords "Will you ever reply to a customer by asking them to go tell someone who gives a fuck?"

:lol:  Public Relations 101 really

Is that the Scouse fella?

Aye, Dave Stone. He posted on the UK Craft Beer Forum on Facey (20k+ members)

Dave Stone

17 hrs

A MESSAGE FROM Wylam Brewery...

It would be erroneous for me not to comment on this thread. Firstly, sincere apologies that the random replies on social media have caused offence… this is totally understandable, has been dealt with and will not happen again…

Secondly, SHEIKHEAD… At no point was the artwork in any fashion designed to celebrate the Saudi regime… far from it… the idea was simply meant to be a playful take on Jakehead and a graphic recording of a moment in time given the deal that is proceeding with the football club… in which of course we have no hand… we saw the design simply as art imitating life and in no way intended to cause offence… maybe that is naive…however that is the honest truth and all I can offer here… Again unreserved apologies to those that we have offended … I'm here if you wish to engage... thank you

Bet he's well narked off with it all since he's a Liverpool fan and so probably couldn't give two fucks what happens with the takeover.

Pretty confident Wylam Brewery will be alright. What a dull scandal, folk desperate to be offended.

Using MBS's image to market your product is a bit iffy and represents a microcosm of the sportswashing in action. It's just, like, can you just, not?