Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Jonas and Enrique dovetailed up the left wing better than anything I've seen in black and white. They weren't necessarily the best players but they were pretty fucking good together for a season or 2.

Drove me mad many a time the two of them being social distancing when we needed more distancing.

FWIW Robert/Bernard was a far better pairing, as was Beresford/ Sellars and Beresford/Ginola.

Jonas and Enrique dovetailed up the left wing better than anything I've seen in black and white. They weren't necessarily the best players but they were pretty fucking good together for a season or 2.

Not even in the same league as Beresford and Ginola

I’m sure this is already out there as a consideration and I’m late to the party, and purely conjecture on my part, but could there be any possibility the deal is getting delayed by the PL not making the decision on rest of season? A void season versus a finished season changes financials from TV revs materially, company valuations will invariably be based on both historic and future fundamentals such as revenues. Could there be a variable element to the price tied to this that means deal is waiting on ratification?

I realise this goes against current reports and as I say, just a stab in dark, but each time the PL meetings don’t have a conclusion or get pushed, it seems our confirmation date does.

Guesswork 

They played well together but created nothing for the strikers. 2 great athletes who could bomb up and down all day and put a shift it, but when it came to getting the ball to anyone else it just wasn't happening.

They played well together but created nothing for the strikers. 2 great athletes who could bomb up and down all day and put a shift it, but when it came to getting the ball to anyone else it just wasn't happening.

Great defender in Enrique, can't remember him getting skinned off anyone in our shirt  but Jonas was 4 orb5 ft  away when we had the ball.

Jonas had great close control but no end product.

His close control was epic at drawing fouls to win free kicks. I seem to remember him being the most fouled player in the league at one point.

ASM wipes the floor with him at dribbling.

Very interesting article in the Athletic this morning about our training facilities, and is contains several quotes from the Stavely camp. Not going to post the full article (it’s great, you should subscribe), but will post this tidbit from one of Stavely’s advisors...

“It’s literally going to be day one when we get there,” Staveley’s adviser says. “We’ll be starting from scratch. There’s a lot we don’t know. What would we need? Can we do it all in Benton or do we need to move? Where could we build an alternative training ground? Who would design it? Do you have the first team and academy at two sites or together?

“We have to look at what they’ve got and not got and then formulate a set of wish-lists; what would the scouting department need, the analysts, the manager? It isn’t a case of, ‘Boom — we’re in there, let’s get going.’ We’re excited and we’ve got lots of ideas, but this is going to take time. It might take a couple of years until we really see the fruits of it.”

Full article: https://theathletic.com/1777474/2020/05/09/newcastle-training-ground/

Isn’t that the sort of thing that could be prepared. They’ve apparently put forward a 300 page business plan to the PL and they haven’t even thought about the basics of what the future training ground would be like?

Very interesting article in the Athletic this morning about our training facilities, and is contains several quotes from the Stavely camp. Not going to post the full article (it’s great, you should subscribe), but will post this tidbit from one of Stavely’s advisors...

“It’s literally going to be day one when we get there,” Staveley’s adviser says. “We’ll be starting from scratch. There’s a lot we don’t know. What would we need? Can we do it all in Benton or do we need to move? Where could we build an alternative training ground? Who would design it? Do you have the first team and academy at two sites or together?

“We have to look at what they’ve got and not got and then formulate a set of wish-lists; what would the scouting department need, the analysts, the manager? It isn’t a case of, ‘Boom — we’re in there, let’s get going.’ We’re excited and we’ve got lots of ideas, but this is going to take time. It might take a couple of years until we really see the fruits of it.”

Full article: https://theathletic.com/1777474/2020/05/09/newcastle-training-ground/

growing-mushrooms-timelapse-4.gif

Isn’t that the sort of thing that could be prepared. They’ve apparently put forward a 300 page business plan to the PL and they haven’t even thought about the basics of what the future training ground would be like?

Aye but if they havent seen the current training ground that makes a decision quite difficult. They are right to wait.

I think the architectural, planning side of upgrading the training ground would take a long time and imo you’d need to at least be able to see and access the site.

Just give Leicester a bell, offer to go halfers on the design work on their training ground and get started ASAP.

Should build the training and academy right next to the airport, then those who can to live in London can get away quicker.

I assume you are talking about players? I dont want any player who isnt prepared to move to the north east.

Should build the training and academy right next to the airport, then those who can to live in London can get away quicker.

I assume you are talking about players? I dont want any player who isnt prepared to move to the north east.

I’m sure the comment is tongue in cheek!

Aye but if they havent seen the current training ground that makes a decision quite difficult. They are right to wait.

I suspect they would have had advisers that have seen all of the club's facilities (opened every gate, every room, every cupboard).  Nobody buys an organisation without inspecting the assets (to over simplify, you don't buy a house without inspecting it first and getting an engineering professional to give you a report).  During the due-diligence phase of the negotiation they would have been given access to all NUFC facilities and would have a very good idea of what needs to be done - anyone who's been involved in a proper due-diligence process (not what Ashley did when he bought NUFC) can tell you how thorough they can be.  Due-diligence processes can be some of the most invasive experiences of any organisation.

I suspect they would have had advisers that have seen all of the club's facilities (opened every gate, every room, every cupboard).  Nobody buys an organisation without inspecting the assets (to over simplify, you don't buy a house without inspecting it first and getting an engineering professional to give you a report).  During the due-diligence phase of the negotiation they would have been given access to all NUFC facilities and would have a very good idea of what needs to be done - anyone who's been involved in a proper due-diligence process (not what Ashley did when he bought NUFC) can tell you how thorough they can be.  Due-diligence processes can be some of the most invasive experiences of any organisation.

Exactly this. No way would buyers get to the offer accepted stage of a deal without having had access to all the club’s facilities. Not saying they should start construction work on day one, but to come out and say planning work can’t start until they see what they’ve bought makes no sense to me.

These lot are going to be under some pressure. They haven't even got the keys yet and they are getting stick for not having drawn up the blueprints for a new training ground.

What happened to just being happy that we are getting rid of Ashley?  :lol: :lol:

The fact they want to improve the training facility is enough for me like.