Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

I think the architectural, planning side of upgrading the training ground would take a long time and imo you’d need to at least be able to see and access the site.

I can't speak for any delays at North Tyneside Council but the planning system is still operating.

These lot are going to be under some pressure. They haven't even got the keys yet and they are getting stick for not having drawn up the blueprints for a new training ground.

What happened to just being happy that we are getting rid of Ashley?  :lol: :lol:

The fact they want to improve the training facility is enough for me like.

Some people will just complain about everything and anything. Got nee time for them myself.

The Woolsington Hall site is perfect. Turn it into the best training facility in the country. Big enough for first team, academy and woman’s team. Build a mini 10,000 seat stadium. Perfect.

They're building houses on it. People are actually in some already!

Isn’t that the sort of thing that could be prepared. They’ve apparently put forward a 300 page business plan to the PL and they haven’t even thought about the basics of what the future training ground would be like?

F#%$ing hell let’s just stick with Ashley then what a load of rubbish.

The process for getting a new training ground is something like this:

1) Owners agree provisional scope and budget.

2) Footballing technical expert sets out requirements for new facility.

3) Huge multi-disciplinary group come up with plans in accordance to requirements and budgets

4) plans signed off by budget holder (with revisions as required)

5) scheme goes through planning process (with revisions as required)

6) construction begins

It is impossible to be beyond point 1 at this stage, realistically it will take years

The Chronicle running with a story that’s not been fat checked.

So apparently PIF are interested in buying Botafogo as well, however their MD has said they are in talks with a group who wanted to buy Newcastle and Bordeaux. The group who own Bordeaux are that American company who Kenyon tried to get interested in us. So unless they are selling to PIF (which would be a huge coincidence) then it’s likely they guy at Botafogo is on about a different group to PIF.

3) Huge multi-disciplinary group come up with plans in accordance to requirements and budgets

6) construction begins

It is impossible to be beyond point 1 at this stage, realistically it will take years

Not by the end of May then? Shocking!

6) construction begins

And even that is an over simplification which misses out a few key stages.

The Woolsington Hall site is perfect. Turn it into the best training facility in the country. Big enough for first team, academy and woman’s team. Build a mini 10,000 seat stadium. Perfect.

That would be superb, however I doubt the residents in Woolsington would be happy. They put up a hell of a fight to prevent new homes being built near the Falcons ground. They lost that fight however it took years to resolve what with legal challenges etc.

The fact that Staveley & Co are reported to have been thinking about "such specific details" as the Training Ground etc, reads very well to me.

It means that they consider they are already owners of the club, and I can't believe they would be so confident if they had ANY doubts at all about the Premier League Tests.

For some time now I have ceased to think of them as 'possible future owners' and have been thinking of them as "OURS" (our owners) full and complete !!

Feels goooood!

Guest reefatoon

Too true. I am sure they would want any new manager to have his say and be part of the plans too. The fact they are going to come in and look at it is all good news to me.

Too true. I am sure they would want any new manager to have his say and be part of the plans too. The fact they are going to come in and look at it is all good news to me.

Unless its Rafa, I wouldn't bother asking a new manager. They are better off visiting the best training grounds in the world and coming up with their own ideas.

Because Rafa lives for this stuff. A chance to mould the club the way he sees fit. He’s a control freak. We also Know Rafa has a plan for the entire club and how a training ground would fit in to that.