Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest Carrick18

Said the other day that I felt like Shearer knew something. Hes hardly said a thing RE takeover and then he made that comment about winning trophies.

Wouldnt shock me if Staveley goes to him for chief exective/DOF role. Would be a PR masterstroke.

It makes total sense. It was sad to read Kevin Keegan has no real desire to be involved, even as an ambassador, but the likes of Shearer, Gutierrez, and those who really were a credit to the club deserve to be welcomed back.

If the ambition of the club is true, even letting Jonas over-see recruitment in South America would be decent. Those points of contact, who can really convey the club, are vital.

Bringing back club legends is a double edged sword. There’s rarely a thing in football is an everlasting situation.

Short term PR gains could be long term discontent if things didn’t work out.

If being an ambassador to the club was all it was, I have no problem, but giving someone an official title with responsibilities can always go wrong.

Bringing back club legends is a double edged sword. There’s rarely a thing in football is an everlasting situation.

Short term PR gains could be long term discontent if things didn’t work out.

If being an ambassador to the club was all it was, I have no problem, but giving someone an official title with responsibilities can always go wrong.

Yeah that's a fair point.

Don't see why Shearer would leave his position right now anyway, he's got it made in a pretty stress-free job. Bring him and Keegan back as ambassadors, maybe do the same for the players like Jonas and make them ambassador in their home country or something. In general just be more open to ex-players working with the club like Liverpool are, they don't even need formal roles.

Otherwise, if a former player is good enough in their job and proven they can do it like van der Sar at Ajax, then go for it, but not because they're ex-players, because they've proven they can succeed in a recruiting or DoF role.

Said the other day that I felt like Shearer knew something. Hes hardly said a thing RE takeover and then he made that comment about winning trophies.

Wouldnt shock me if Staveley goes to him for chief exective/DOF role. Would be a PR masterstroke.

It makes total sense. It was sad to read Kevin Keegan has no real desire to be involved, even as an ambassador, but the likes of Shearer, Gutierrez, and those who really were a credit to the club deserve to be welcomed back.

If the ambition of the club is true, even letting Jonas over-see recruitment in South America would be decent. Those points of contact, who can really convey the club, are vital.

Keegan said that?

Don't see why Shearer would leave his position right now anyway, he's got it made in a pretty stress-free job. Bring him and Keegan back as ambassadors, maybe do the same for the players like Jonas and make them ambassador in their home country or something. In general just be more open to ex-players working with the club like Liverpool are, they don't even need formal roles.

Otherwise, if a former player is good enough in their job and proven they can do it like van der Sar at Ajax, then go for it, but not because they're ex-players, because they've proven they can succeed in a recruiting or DoF role.

100%

Loved Jonas as a person and for his workrate, but fucking hell he was abysmal at crossing and shooting. :lol:

Here that goal against wolves was fuckin tremendous, was still rising as it hit the net, I reckon it could have feasibly left the atmosphere.

Keegan said that?

Yeah, news to me as well that. Might be he just thinks he's past all of that now, which would be fair enough.

I missed the 3.00 pm announcement of the takeover........what happened?

Delayed for another week. Lee C had already gone for his daily exercise so could not post the papers into the letter box.

Loved Jonas as a person and for his workrate, but fucking hell he was abysmal at crossing and shooting. :lol:

Here that goal against wolves was fuckin tremendous, was still rising as it hit the net, I reckon it could have feasibly left the atmosphere.

:lol: Let's not rewrite history. He scored 12 goals in 205 appearances for us. In his whole career, he managed just 19 goals in 454 matches. His crossing was awful too.

I loved his passion, his industry, and his running with the ball, but his end product was fucking woeful.

I like the sound of "Masterplan"

Very underrated album.

Not really an album, it’s a collection of B-sides.

As much as I love it,  it's not underrated either.... it often gets the plaudits  it most definitely  deserves

Very underrated album.

As much as I love it,  it's not underrated either.... it often gets the plaudits  it most definitely  deserves

The original poster should acquiesce.

Very underrated album.

Listen up now, we could talk tonight about this, but theres no point it's going no where

:lol :lol:

Very underrated album.

Listen up now, we could talk tonight about this, but theres no point it's going no where

:lol :lol:

We should just let this Fade Away